Thoughts about P.U.R.E. disbanding and player retention

One trend im noticing with games like this is publishers rush the game out earlier than it should be. It may lack in content early on, but this also allows developers the chance to develop the game based on what players want more of instead of developing a bunch of stuff people don’t like/wont play as much (trying to turn a negative to a positive here lol)

And yes the grind to get AoE hammers can be a lot but it’s definitely a lot easier today compared to when some of us did it in say September/October when aoe hammers were selling for 45k a piece. Yes i was one of the guys that bought 1 rough diamond for 1200 coin to put into my atlas and i remain ashamed of it to this day

Apparently not everyone. . Ginabean thinks the game is fine and it is the players fault for not appreciating what they have. I think that is who this comment was aimed at.

1 Like

I actually agree with Ginabean. We have what we have for right now. Make the best of it. More content is coming. I’m sure Ginabean also wants more content. But for right now, we make the best of the situation.

5 Likes

for sure im not saying the devs need to release broken content just to please people im just saying its not unreasonable that people would be getting frustrated.

1 Like

We all want new content, but devs can only work so hard. It’s not illegal to play other games besides Boundless. If you get bored, play something else for a bit, perhaps you get your motivation back + perhaps more content has been released.

2 Likes

yes it is. . who told you this lie!!!

kidding

4 Likes

Or are you?

2 Likes

So here’s my 2 cents on this. In my opinion, I have busted my butt to get to my endgame. That is, to be at a near-creative mode aspect with building. To get to a point where I can build just about anything I want, and not spend 3 days or more grinding mats. I am only one of many players, but I agree with Ginabeans sentiment. Of course we want new content…duh! Lol. But seriously, I am so happy to not have to worry about making brick or deco stones or whatever. I can build to my hearts desire, and that’s all I ever wanted here. The community and new additions are just bonuses imo. I still play all my toons to level and get cubits, but they’re not out on that tough grind as much. Hard work early so I can be lazy now, lol. So it’s different for all, some seek more challenge, I seek peace and stress free builds. Not looking to change minds or anything, simply stating another perspective on the conversation :+1::v:

6 Likes

Thanks for writing all that…this mirrors my thoughts and own experience entirely

1 Like

I mean, I’m no where near a vet player, but this game has such a variety how can there be a lack of things to do…?

1 Like

Absolutely! In my group of misfits, we have all walks of player types. Some just got a hunter up and enjoy the thrill of the kill. Some (like myself) took up shopkeeping, a laborious but nonetheless enjoyable venture. Then the farmers, who just love exploring planets and picking up some knick knacks along the way for a quick buck. Then there’s forging, which is Boundless version of a Mastercrafter involving skill and a fair bit of RNG. There are so many options. All profitable, and all fit different playstyles. Additional characters keep me from boredom, as when one thing gets stale, I do something else for a bit! :grin:

Wait till you have 200+ hours, you’ll see :wink:

If you’re not very much into building, I see how the game can get stale after a bit. Mining is the same on every world, tree chooping is the same. Meteor hunt is borderline always the same, just difficulty varies but you get to have a “good time” with others if you do mass hunts (good funs as in hunting may get boring but the social aspect is nearly always good). If you are not a builder, you lose out on perhaps the best aspect of the game - chiseling. It brings soooo much to the game, even though there may be a lackluster of potential blocks. So if you don’t build, game can get boring (not saying it’s for all, but can be).

Played since September :wink: And I agree, this is a building game first and foremost

I’d say I’ve done around 100 so far, possibly more. and I don’t feel like I’ve scratched he surface lol!!
I am a slow grinder though and playing solo… I just can’t imagine getting bored lol!

1 Like

Honestly the lack of varied tools like in MC mods hurts the game for me. Minecarts would be a start. Redpower adds so much.

2 Likes

Yeah I always loved Redstone in MC… maybe we will get something similar with the spark generator soon? to create mechanisms etc

1 Like

Anything that moves blocks around is apparently a no go for server lag reasons

1 Like

makes sense

Yeah, bummer though, pistons are the best