Thoughts on cuttletrunks

i started mining inside the stone. i got those 3 in about 2 minutes, and they wont go away, they just squirp and shoot their orbs at me. i dont have a problem fighting them, i have a problem with finding 17 of them every 2 steps i go

They are meant to be a challenge mate, I would be very disappointed if they made them so easy. Harsh planets are harsh for a reason, don’t expect everything to be easy :smiley:

3 Likes

im not expecting everything to be easy, but i get very annoyed when i try to mine something and spend 5 minutes fighting cuttletrunks, using all my healing brews, and not being able to mine, every few minutes.

i understand they’re difficult and im on a difficult world, but you should be able to get things done still. and teaming up is difficult. a lot of people prefer to do a lone playthrough anyways, so why make it need a 2-person team

Well because it’s a community game.

Exaggerating loses the argument, cuttletrunks are the worst mob, but by no means you can’t deal with them. If you’re losing all your healing brews, then it means you haven’t mastered fighting against them.

Hostile planets have their pros and cons, you die more, you get better resources.

If you don’t want to deal with them, avoid them, go farm the igneous on starter planets, which has plenty too. You’re making yourself rage, just because you don’t want to deal with the cons of both situations. People seem to forget this is a pre alpha game, and things won’t always go their way and things won’t always be how you preffer, so we need to move on and make with what we have.

I don’t like some aspects of the game, but until they change it i can deal with it or avoid it

2 Likes

that’s why i started this thread. to bring up the point that i have a problem with cuttletrunks.

mining underneath the stone works, but the whole time i havea 4 of them chasing me and when i leave, they’ll still be there. whenever i fight them, i get swarmed and its difficult to dodge 5 projectiles at once, 3 times in a row, cuz the small ones shoot 3 times. im fine at fighting them, but my computer isn’t, lag makes it very difficult to hit them as well.

i brought this up to see if other people agreed or disagreed. things can change, i brought this up so that hopefull ythis is one of them. but, if it doesn’t change, i can still play the game. im not sitting on the edge of purchasing this game and loving it forever or hating it forever.

simply: i found something that annoyed me, brought it up. the unhelpful responses i rebuttled to try and bring my point across

at this point it’s just me being told the same things and me responding the same things back again, so it should just be put to rest

It would be nice if they gave up after you have disappeared from there sight.

brought that up already

1 Like

I was agreeing with you on that. Its worse when you are in your workshop and they camp outside. It’s the noise that bugs me the moste.

1 Like

No worries @Xanotos I wasn’t offended in any way :wink:
I was just giving you alternate mining locations so that your frustrations could be alleviated.

The current implementation of creature spawning is that about 8-10 creatures spawn in the area around you. They then gravitate in a meandering way towards your position, so the longer you stay in one place, the more creatures there are likely to be (but never more than the spawn limit per person).

This is not ideal, but there is still more work to do regarding creature behaviours, spawning, despawning etc.

Only suggestion I can make to help you out, is learn their patterns, and get to positions where you can single them out and pick them off one-by-one.

One trick to do, if you’re dug in somewhere and a bunch of creatures have surrounded you, is to go back to the sanctum, then return to the same place so that the creatures spawn again some distance away.

2 Likes

I like to kill the hostel mobs and leave the wild stock. After awhile you just have a bunch of wildstock. Dig a 2 block deep hole push the wildstock in and bam! Peace and quite. This works especially well at a building site.

4 Likes

is anybody know there is difference between what creature you kill: hostile or peaceful, in Exp? I killed their so many but never looked on Exp counter :frowning:

It’s all the same currently

I think it depends on how much HP you down from then, so since higher tier creatures have more HP, you get more exp from killing them, each time you hit them, you earn more exp.

For example tier 1 wildstock, gives 15 exp for each kill.

It still needs to undergo some balancing though, as in your example, tier 1 wildstock are killed with one hit using a gem slingbow. So essentially, the higher level weapons you have, the less experience you get.

Does anyone else agree that the sound that a cuttletrunk makes really is best described as a “squirp” as an onomatopoeia?

1 Like

Just encountered my first cuttletrunk. Wow! Love the animation :)) It’s fascinanting. I’d love to see tiny versions of it swarming around like a school of fishes. Really great job. So well done.

1 Like

yeah but they were more annoying in pre-159 when they had a slightly differnt combat system. now they’re less terrible

Quite deadly still. Won’t know how to survive on Munteen, but I like it there. Beautiful landscape and finally a variety in creatures :slight_smile:

you need iron or silver slingbows to truly survive

4 Likes