LoS timer on mobs/monsters

when I’m mining i don’t expect to get spitters and cuttletrunks and hopper noticing me when i’m 10 blocks underneath them, covered by blocks. I was thinking as a possible solution/workaround (yeah i know coding isn’t easy and i make a lot of suggestions, sorry)

if monsters had a Line of Sight countdown, not too short obviously, but if they can’t see you because you’re obstructed by blocks, they’ll stop attacking you. it would prevent a cuttletrunk who detected me underground from chasing me around and making it’s little squirp noise while im running through a cave where there’s no chance it can even get to me

4 Likes

alternatively some way to decrease aggro

1 Like

Creature behaviours are currently being looked at by the team, I will make sure this is mentioned.

6 Likes

Thanks faelan. You probably also read my thoughts on cuttletrunks post.

1 Like

About hoppers too, if the cave tunnel is one block thick, and a hopper can jump high enough, he can blow up and you can take damage from that as well.

In that particular case, i’d class it as acceptable ;p it clearly heard you via vibrations through the thin wall and decided it would be able to damage you :wink:

8 Likes

Alright then, it is either me or them hoppers on a planet :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ve had a few occurrences of cuttletrunks being able to shoot me through a ceiling as well. This happens on the section under my bridge that I was working on.

Getting one shot by a hopper on the other side of a wall on your way home after buying a fresh stack of tools is %100 BS.

FIX.

And yes, im mad AF about this…

2 Likes

Ouch, sorry that it happened to you :frowning:
Really annoying “feature” :smiley:

1 Like

I said similar to this the other day

Glad it’s being looked at! Hoppers exploding outside my wall and killing me inside, is a bugbear I dislike very much :frowning:

2 Likes