Thoughts on the exploits thread

First off, if people want/need to vent they should be allowed to.

I’m in favor of the devs being against exploits. However, this should come with a list of things that are and are not allowed.

Personally the closest I come to “botting” is multiboxing while actually playing the game. And I only do this to gather stuff like lots of dirt or gravel for roads. I’ve never sold anything I gathered in this fashion. Pretty much the only person losing out here is Eliphaz since I’m not buying dirt from him as much. Also my doctor, since I won’t need any more appointments to look into my RSI injuries. I can’t imagine this will be prohibited so I feel pretty safe. In my opinion you shouldn’t be allowed to have more than two accounts on together - since you have two hands and could hypothetically control two characters at once without macros or rubber banding, but not three (yeah you have knees and feet and stuff).

I think the majority of the angst is the lack of clarity from the devs. In my opinion they need to make a list sort of like Nightstar’s but more comprehensive - obviously they can’t think of every exploit in advance, but they should at least list all the known bad things people are doing that they want to prevent. For example, I presume they don’t want people running bots overnight while they sleep. But other than this, what is considered botting?

I won’t be multiboxing until I hear back that it is officially ok. But I shouldn’t have to take that stance, the devs should say what the heck is going on. That’s just my opinion.

I tried scrolling through the locked thread on my phone. Have any devs (including Leah) chimed in since poor @leahlemoncakes’ OP?

1 Like

46 posts were merged into an existing topic: [NOTICE] Exploits and Abuse