Tiered Planets as DLC

The idea is simple and it is based on ETS2 and ATS2 games, which do really well (every map expansion is a DLC).

Launch every now and then new tiers of planets as DLC - getting the DLC gives the access.
It could be something like:

• 1 Permanent T7 Planet - 19.99 Eur/USD every 3 months or 199.99 forever

After some development:

• 3 Permanent T8 Planets - 19.99 every 3 months or 199.99 forever

After some more time:

• 1 Permanent T9 Planet - …

Then T10, T11, T12, T13…

The idea is that “new” blocks, items and game mechanics would be unlocked on the “next” fier.

Regards,

3 Likes

Are you high?

1 Like

!? I have never even tried smoking…
My English might be odd as I’m not a native (greetings from Europe)

Regards,

1 Like

Not a fan of locking actual content behind a paid DLC… I know we have cosmetics and the fists but this feels like it’s going a little too far.

Especially for that amount of money :flushed: but really I don’t think this would be received well at any price

I think this suggestion follows discussions about the state and the future of the game, where general idea of adding more payable content was thrown as something not totally desirable, but acceptable if it was to help funding further Boundless development.

I looked at this from that angle and thought: why not? If a small group of players that can afford extra payable content could tip the scales and keep Boundless going, then that outweighs any P2W (ish) side of it.

4 Likes

DLC packs and better paid content might actually draw in players which in turn bring cash and more incentive to actually update this game instead of other games. Everyone want it all free so the devs go work on other better paying opportunitys. Just my opinion. Definitely not disagreeing with any other views.

3 Likes

Technically the game isn’t free the content updates are but then again the game really isn’t complete at least according to the game page. There is content missing that was advertised on the game page.

4 Likes