Time for a new contest?

What Beth said - we’ve decided against doing a contest for prizes. Just a fun li’l showcase of people’s builds.

New players often wash up on our shores - be nice to show them what the game’s about, and what other people can build on a small scale :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean, I literally consider this to be what I do.

However even my place isn’t as small and beautiful as some. Plus I’ve done nearly no interior decoration.

But, yeah … small builds … this is the way.

1 Like

When will the results of the roof/basement/ride contests be announced?

This sounds pretty, I’d be into the rainbow builds contest as long as it’s given plenty of time to build up. Also, an idea for a contest–all one-plot towers!

When I was new I loved that color because it was so different than everything else, champagne-like, so I have the aesthetic to make it work :smiley:

1 Like

These shadows caught my eye while building. Has anyone made tried making silhouette type art using shadows? Maybe… contest?

Funny how I put it in photo mode for the one pic but forgot to put my yam away :joy: oops

4 Likes

A contest of small builds about illumination for Candlemas/Imbolg could be groovy, that would be a great one-plot-per contest too. The season of illuminated contemplation lasts till spring equinox so there’d be some time to build and enjoy. Plus that would be a heck of a fun place to hang out (for me at least, I loves me the whole room foll of candleglow & zmaslights thing.

Ooh, some sort of Stevie Nicks-themed build contest would be suhwwwwweeeet too. Then someone could do an awesome video using the karaoke knockoff or something of Rhiannon, woosh.

Just Watched the sneak peek of Godzilla vs Kong we should have a contest on Best created Kaiju (O.O)

What do people think about a contest designed like a reality show… BNTB - Boundless’ Next Top Builder. A series of progressively larger timed builds, where one builder is eliminated each week… All in the hopes of becoming the universe’s next all-star builder!

We would just need a streamer/youtuber to provide commentary… and some catchy one liners like

@BabyCookie, this week your ingredients were really inspired, but your theme felt… half-baked.”
or
@Bethlehem, last week your build was a guiding light in the universe, but today you weren’t quite able to lead the wise men home.”

Finally “I"m sorry my dear, but you must immediately reclaim your beacon and leave the planet.”

4 Likes

Boundless Next Top planet?

This sounds really fun. I’m down.

1 Like

I’m down. I also built a storage unit building with some 2x2 rooms. Was going to put signs over the front of the room let someone decorate the room and when the auction starts take down sign and have people bid on the storage unit room without going in room. If anyone is interested in helping message me. I’m not good at running stuff like that it could be fun. You can check out the build through portal in the EZPZ mall labeled storage wars

2 Likes

Haha wow reclaims Brown Town

2 Likes

ill watch from the sidelines…i don’t do well building to timelines. . .

LMAO not the whole of Brown Town!

1 Like

I don’t really have the bandwidth to organize the whole thing. But happy to assist in planning, or even sponsor one of the weekly challenges or something once i get my shop/base back up and running. But that probably wouldn’t be until March.

I just couldn’t help thinking about it. I kept thinking about a Ru Paul’s Drag race or Great British Bakeoff style contest…

1 Like

I binged this glassblowing competition show on Netflix last night, it was great

3 Likes

I like this idea. When you say “progressively larger” do you mean a new build each round that will be larger than the last, or that they will add to the same build each round? Maybe either way?

I’m thinking, say there are 8 contestants in a 7 week competition. One might choose to basically do a build that will take them 7 weeks, and they just have to make sure they keep it interesting enough in each stage to avoid elimination. Another might knock out a full, small build one week then add a separate small build the next. Someone might even want to take the risk of building something totally new each week. Really down to whatever will get the judges’ votes.

Could just go season by season changing rules each time. This would be a great YouTube or twitch series, especially with audio commentary.

3 Likes

Yea! Loving the ideas!

I had envisioned like week 1 - 1 plot build. Week 2 - 2x2x2 plots. etc. starting fresh each week. But i also like the idea of adding on each week. Could be something like:

• Week 1: building exterior
  • Week 2: Interior design
  • Week 3: Gardens
  • Week 4 animal scupltures
    *Etc.

Lots of possibilities. You could even do small things like… providing a certain material or color that the builders must use that week. So like… if Bastion Concrete sponsors a weekly challenge everyone must incorporate/feature concrete in that week’s build.

If there are any youtubers/streamers interested i think it’d be a fun series to watch.

3 Likes

would absolutely join this. Would be surprised if i make it to the 2nd round tho lol.