Tips for new player to farm XP

Thanks alot for the details guys :metal: i see you have multiple skill tree page does that allow you to swap between skill page preset as much as you want at no cost ?

1 Like

Yep! :smiley: Though there is a cooldown of 15 minutes on swapping if you don’t do it at your home beacon.

There are faster xp grinds but for me that came later after I had got a couple of full skill sheets (everything is much easier after then).
To get there I did the grind but at a more varied and leisurely pace…enjoying a mix of solo hunting, exploring, gathering crafting mats and creating a library of building mats along with a base and workshop.
This more balanced pace gave me a good foundation of the different game mechanics and also helped keep things fresh while getting that initial xp and the plots.
After that mining gems and metals and then crafting those mats (and selling the results to help fund the rinse and repeat) plus building has helped me the best to gain a rather heathy amount of levels.

3 Likes

Says mister bitula is mine now and i want a garden planet
(the park was awesome, i want it back)

4 Likes

another teaching pie tip:
your machines (workbench, refinery…) give you XP for crafting (pie will double it) you can put many things into their crafting queue and leave the area… you will get the XP after you get within 4-5 blocks ( any direction) from the machine. sounds unimportant… BUT the pie has a limit - it will double only the next 70k (dunno the exact number) xp you gain, so if you have several machines crafting a lot of fancy expensive things, you want to trigger them one by one and replenish your pie effect if it runs out to maximize your crafting xp gain. other players can trigger your machines too, that is why you can sometimes get a load of xp when you enter your base area. to prevent that keep your machines behind locked doors when they are crafting so nobody can get within the range.

all that being said, there is no need to hurry and getting levels even after lvl 50 is trivial. enjoy the early game, it has a very special charm which you’ll miss later :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeh with all the skill points we have now, and even more so when the next patch goes live, I miss hitting blocks more than once to break them. Tearing through a mountain in 10 seconds gets old fast

1 Like