To Many Props Bug

Hello. My game tag is K

Hello, my gamer tag is KingZeke332. My character name is Vyla. My friend and I cannot place storage in one area of his base because of a to many props bug. Can you help us?

Our settlement is called Kasai & Kori. It is on Alder.

It’s not a bug, you can’t place more than 500 props per chunk.

A chunk is a 4x4 area, mantle to ceiling. See the next plot you can place more in, and that’s the edge of your chunk.

Does that count for torches?

And what is counted as a prop?

Machines coils storage shelves signs

Torches are counted.

They’re a good candidate to switch out for blocks that emit light if you want to free up some of the mesh limit.

3 Likes

Also each chiseled block counts towards your prop limit I think.

If you can figure out the 4 plot corner where 4 chunks meet you can get a much higher prop limit by spreading between 4 chunks.

Okay thanks

They don’t.

Blocks and chiselled blocks do not count.

3 Likes

Do they count towards any limit…? I once reached a point where I couldn’t chisel any more.

Not that I’m aware of.

The only case where you’re unable to chisel is when the next chisel would remove the block.

2 Likes

K, if I ever reproduce it I’ll send a game log - I had chiseled a lot and eventually reached a point where even fresh blocks wouldn’t chisel about a month after launch.

There was a bug after an update a few months back where newly placed blocks couldn’t be chiselled. But that was hotfixed pretty quickly. Maybe it’s this you’re remembering??

1 Like

Could be! Didn’t read about that one. I just couldn’t chisel any more one day and thought I broke the game lol.