To return to boundless

What would it take to get back into boundless?

For me: Some expanded PvE activity, dungeons, ruins, collaboration activity with other players that involve, tank, dps, healer roles. Revamp of how the Pay for Planets are done as I like grouping planets together (Such as All US-East Tier 6) into one area for a Hub. Playing Russian roulette and spending over $400 to get all planets within the same blinksecs…won’t ever happen again.

Yet, what brings me back is the highly supportive community that will pick someone backup off the ground and help them recover is unmatched in any other community I’ve found. From Duskmoor, to Twisted Dragons, to EZPZ, Reapers, and Glitch among others as well. This game is like a drug that once you’re hooked, you don’t want to leave. I am holding out till I see the direction that Monumental takes with this game and sets the standard.

10 Likes

This could also be solved by improving how portals interact with blinksecs*

*) they should not… being forced to travel through AUS planets to reach EU planets was a terrible idea…

5 Likes

I’d like to see new permanent planets, or even permanent planets that can’t be plotted just for resources. New animal species, like in the gorilla trailer. New biomes, new recipes, new blocks. An electrical system to power lights, airlocks doors and sensors.

5 Likes

the Swords update that sits somewhere being almost ready to go for a few years now would give me a motivation boost. other than that, more activities and more life - be it real people or NPCs to populate builds ( ideally both)
to dungeons and sensors I’d add Beacon specific rules like ‘no grapple’, ‘no light’ buffs / debuffs, skill page override… to make more varied minigames and activities

5 Likes

I agree, making all sovereigns you own be close to each other would be great within limits if say one was overcrowded etc. I think any local portals on sovereigns you own should not require fuel. I think it would increase the value of sovereigns and also encourage their purchase and continuation.

Maybe you can even have them connected to other sovereigns you own with no fuel cost to portals.

More activities and content would be great, but as I have said before 90% of the game will still be the base game, adding another 10% isn’t going to make a player content for long if the other 90% is not enough.

2 Likes

I wasn’t aware it was done so poorly (haven’t bought a sov before), i would have thought you’d get to choose what permanent planet was closest to you in creation (of the same planet level of atmosphere)… That not being the case is surprising to me, such an easy QoL fix imo.

I don’t think we are currently “forced to travel through AUS planets” but it’s more a matter of it’s more economic and effective (since bigger portals need fueled so much more often) using smaller portals to go through the AUS servers. Just making larger portals allow for more fuel could at least solve the “effective” side. But yeah i agree, something could be improved here as well.

You had me there, i think they would be a fun addition, and the shields combined with some creative forging could make a tank build/class a real thing, healing really needs a little help still, like healing over time slingbows or snowballs, or something, the tracking is sluggish with the current healing bombs as well so just figuring out how to tighten that up would go a long way.

5 Likes

Exactly this. So many people will come back just to play around with the swords and shields along with all the other goodies that are in that update. So many quality of life stuff in there too.

But until then I’m just plugging away building and hanging out with the Reapers crew.

8 Likes

Just literally any updates would bring me back. I just want to see signs of life before i get invested again.

4 Likes

To expand on the Sov’s.

When you buy a sovereign, you can only choose the planetary region (US-EAST) for example. Then the system goes by tier and region. Issue I ran into was picking a tier 6 US-East. I could get a planet to spawn around Houches but the other US-east tier 6 planet would have most of the other planets I picked spawned near. So alot of them were split. All of this was to create a planetary 10 man Mining guild network.

3 Likes

I agree here especially if you are doing different tiers. At least with T6’s you can have one of two planets (Houchus or Shedu), but for the lower tiers the odds are a lot less friendly.

I had 6 T6’s at one point and they were split between Houchus and Shedu.

1 Like

Hard agree.
Thing is, we were never truly “paying for planets” as much as “renting planets”.
Even if you had the best outcome at generation, the control you had on your ‘sovereign’ world was laughable.
No control over the weather, over region names, no ways to enable/disable grapple/flight/invulnearability at a per-player level… you’re the sovereign in name-only.

2 Likes

I really like the idea of being able to choose which specific planet your sovereign will be next to. However, I don’t think sovereigns should have any more control than they do now and certainly not the power to grant invulnerability and the like.

5 Likes

More permanent planets.
More compact design Or alternative For machine s/coils.

More ways To encourage trading(example bonus xp Or so).

2 Likes

They need too add more Feats anyways the Achievement/trophy is unachievable for doing 675 feats so adding things like trading be good idea

2 Likes

One of the things I would like to be added in-game is:
Some people buy cheap Forged stuff and sell them on is own shop at a higher price.
We already have name of the forger so basically put an option to disable selling others Forged tools on the beacon.

Just preventing people to not sell what you’ve not forged

I have someone who sells forged goods out of my shop. We share a base and he has full permissions everywhere, so he sticks tools in and takes the coins out of the shop stands on my beacons. How would that work for us? Or for people using multiple character sheets?

A pop up warning when you finalize your forged tool who let you choose enable or not to sell on any stand.

1 Like

Maybe an additional setting to kick back a percentage of additional markup back to the forger =) Need an in game email system for sending coin at least (maybe items too??)

1 Like

Hmm, sounds like normal market stuff… I know pleanty of people who went out, bought all of something, to list it for a profit. Typically it will take longer for their higher price to sell, but forged goods are a slower to replenish so it’s more likely to.

I understand that you don’t want someone else profiting by treating your work as a middleman in the market… It’s just, that’s kinda how a free market works, players will still know who made it, we don’t have “rebranding” in boundless,

i understand wanting to list inexpensive forged tools for new players or something like that, but typically they are gonna need to actually be built for newer players (weaker materials, not effective on high level planets) or people are gonna want to flip them as they have a much greater value to current players than what you are asking for…

1 Like