Today I learnt

Way back at the very first ever Boundless Valentines Day event, I was given a location token to a flower grove, from a player who I’d just successfully swapped my first ever bouquet. By the time I worked out how to bring up the talk box, and type in thank you, they’d long disappeared into the crowd at the shopping mall on Finata. Not knowing how to use a location token at the time, I put it in a chest, and then forgot about it. I found it (and a handful of other tokens I duly cast in to chest) today and wondered if the grove was still there, or had it been built over, so I looked up how to use a location token, went to the planet, set it as a destination, and was ridiculously pleased to see it still there.

Yes, today I learnt, after almost five years of playing - how to use a location token :slight_smile:

18 Likes

And for those who do not know how to use a location token…

Hold the location token in your hand and keep the mouse button pressed a few seconds. The token will disappear and the location of that location token will be added to your locations list.

Have fun !

6 Likes

Mmm location cookie. Those are tasty, pairs well with a nice starberry pie and a speed brew.

Now that you know how to use them, you can find Exo Planet tokens for sale from exo explorers, and use them to travel to the Exo Planets.

4 Likes

which is much better than my first attempt to equip one into a totem. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very tasty - sadly even with this new knowledge I am still the game’s biggest coward who runs away from red dots :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And to complement @SWProzee1 if you’re on PlayStation hold L2 or R2 button (depending which hand you’re holding the token.) L2 for left hand or R2 for right hand.

3 Likes

I spent a while when I started playing trying to consume warp tokens as a location tokens. I had someone physically sitting in the room with me trying to explain to me that they were different, and could not understand what he was talking about. :joy:

6 Likes

Haha, that’s nothing.

When I started playing I was using sticks for spark until someone told me to use peat. :woman_facepalming: It just never registered with me. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

On Exo’s that’s a good plan. Most of the good stuff is underground anyhow like goo and lucent gems. So once on planet, I dart for cover unless I’m trying to unlock regions for the atlas. Stealth epic will help keep the gray dots from becoming red, on T7 you will have to toss on an innocuous brew as well to really make it work, but it still can. I love exploring exos, they get some fantastic terrain gen.

4 Likes

Oh wow, I forgot about the innocuous brews. Will be using them more :sweat_smile:

3 Likes