Too much snow

Is this possible to reduce snow drop in the game cant build 5 minutes without snow covering my build its white everywhere… Reduce the snow or put it in some region like minecraft can be better where ever you build you get snow even in desert near lava it will be appreciate if something can be done

3 Likes

Press up on controller or b on keyboard. Build mode removes snow…

I know Aenea but see all my plots its not best and i suggest a thing maybe im not the only one who hate that. Thanks for the try

1 Like

People hate it so much that it was added for that purpose to build mode…

I was just trying to help, not to shoot down your suggestion, next time I will refrain from replying, thanks!

4 Likes

Your help was appreciated. That what i do but i think it can be better there is surely something to do with that

We should have an option in the menu to turn off weather. @AeneaGames suggestion was a good one and many do use it to get by but I too don’t like building with the plot lines visible… Hope down the road this feature can be added because building in snow 365 days a year I think is a bit much imo.

Ah ok, then I might have misread the tone.

Anyway, I wish there was a way to tone down any and all weather effects while building at least. Also some things like fog (or weather particle effects) would be nice to be less in the way…

1 Like

I think it’s depends on the area you choose at first place.
I understand your pain, because i visit some of players house it snow very often lol.
Like my place, it only snow once or twice per week.

Yeah different areas have different weather cycles it seems. My forest on Arie is super super snowy but I never get any sandstorms at least! :sweat_smile:
Build yourself a giant umbrella lol, that’s essentially what I did with a glass platform above my place. Or move somewhere sunny :sunglasses:

This suggestion comes up endlessly. It seems a LOT of people want to remove or reduce fog and snow.

Can we at least get an official word from the devs if they will be adding a “disable weather effects” or a weather opacity slider some day (even if not soon)

I Can’t complain I live on Houches lol

6 Likes

I like weather effects.

6 Likes

Me too!

But not while building…

1 Like

Doesnt bother me rly even when im building… i usually always build with plotview open.

4 Likes

Snow I don’t mind anymore while building, the darn fog or weather particle effects are driving me batty at times tho. Just wish that plotview would also hide those effects…

1 Like

I cannot rly say anything about this cause i havent build that much in higher tiers but what ive explored i can tell you sometimes need luck wheb you fire grapple :smiley: cause cant see even a donkey.

Try building on Cardass! lol, lots of fun! ahem

Actually and im not even kidding i was watching some higher tier eu planets and thought about cardass hehe

Luckily theres kol huroo (hehe)

Lol so the no weather effects doesn’t bother you then ;p

Not rly. But as said i havent build in higher tier.

Example i like cardass weather effects.
Just cool stuff :slight_smile: