Tool Suggestion: Gleam Grapple Hook

I’d love to be able to craft a grapple hook that is illuminated (both on the hook and the hand attachment).

The best option I see is duplicating the existing recipe and adding a bunch of gleam.

Thoughts?

8 Likes

Why not have all the tools with gleam variants?

3 Likes

Sure, that too :smiley:

That’s a great idea! It’s so irritating switching between tools and torches when trying to mine on the ceiling and such.

1 Like

I would love if we could attach gleam to our tools and weapons.

• While mining, my hammer would illuminate my way, in my other hand I’d have a shovel for dirt/sand.

• at night, I’d attack gleam to my bow and shoot gleaming arrows to temporarily see what I’m about to run into (like mini flares)

4 Likes

This is a brilliant idea, +1 from me!

this is a cool idea but it kind of make torches useless. easily fixed by lowering the light source to make torches more superior but at that point you would still need torches to travel in pitch black caves easily.

It’d be nice if they put this towards the end of a skill tree. Then torches would still be beneficial, especially for stationary light sources, but mid-end level players could have the benefit of being able to use gleam tools to help them see.

4 Likes

Great idea!

It could take up a space or two on how many upgrades you can put on your tool, this way it turn into a question about whether you would rather have the upgrade that improves the tools life length or if you want to avoid carrying a torch.

So I was in a mountain digging trough finding coal and iron, I had a torch in one hand and a Hammer in the other. when then i dug down and needed to switch to my grapple in the hand that i had my torch in. When I did that it was pitch dark and I though it was strange cause the grapple has light but yet it doesn’t emit any light. So I was wondering if it is possible or something that you were going to put in or not?

Not a major thing just happen to think of it and wanted to ask Thanks.