Trade Items disappear

I don’t have screenshots but I do have a story.

I’m trading with my friend OnyxGem, they hvae some coal i would like, and I will be giving cloth in exchange. However, we had an instance of disapperaing objects.

They put their coal up, a smart stack, 99, and 98, of soft coal. I accidentally pressed Esc, exiting the trade. neither of us had the coal, it had disappeared. I wanted to see if things disappeared like that in an experiment. We started a new trade, i put 102 red cloth, smart stacked, 99 and 3, into the trade, and then OnyxGem exited the trade.

this made my 102 cloth disappear. Neither of us had it, not in our inventories, and we checked to see if opening the trade menu fixed it or not. It did not.

both of us exited the game, Esc, quit game. then we restarted. (thank goodness for fast load times) and THEN, both of us had our items back in our inventories. so we traded successfully, 102 cloth for the 197 coal. worked fine, nothing wrong.

We wanted to bring attention to the fact that this happens, and probably should be fixed sometime. But, good to know the item isnt removed, it just disappears and you cant see it.

1 Like

I have also seen a related bug when i loaded coal into a power core then removed it and pressed ESC quickly. It “cloned” itself in my inventory but the “clone” disappeared as soon as i tried to put something in its place. Seems like the GUI can get out of sync with your inventory.

1 Like

That sounds rather odd. If you exit out of the trading menu you should have the traded items in your inventory even if you forget to move them there. Was this the first time you’ve seen it happen?

ive had a few issues with the GUI not catching up with my inventory, but this is the first time that it didn’t just catch up in a few moments.

1 Like

other times it was solved just by opening the trade menu again, this time it took restarting the game

I’ve placed a stack of gleam from my inventory on a shelf and it’s “vanished” in front of my eyes before - I waited 10 seconds, double checked my inventory (even typed to Pharoah and Karakendo that my gleam had vanished), rechecked the shelf and it was not there. I then ran round the outside of my house to check it hadn’t missed the shelf & landed outside and by the time I got back inside the gleam was on the shelf exactly where I’d placed it.

I don’t know if it was just a case of the game lagging or something not catching up with the display.

This happens to me quite often when trading with my friends, As others have said its like the gui can lag behind what is actually in the inventory… items will show up after a bit of time but it can be quite distressing when your goods seemingly disappear!..

one way around this is to manually drag the items from the trade section into your bags (and i think shift click would work too) This has become standard practice for me and my friends…

Another thing i’ve noticed is that when one person closes the trade window it often closes the window for the other person which complicates the method mentioned above =/

For all those who experienced this, were your inventories full?

no. i had plenty of space every time

and as Jiivita said, manually moving the objects in the trade window into your stuff will generally work.

But now i’ve had another weird issue, someone will trade with me, they put their items up for trade, but i can’t see it on MY screen, but they see both sets of trading items, when we trade sucessfully, the stuff appeared though.

For everyone who documented these trading issues, did you all experience any lag during those moments?

no, i had normal play experience during this time. Med textures, and most effects off, so no CPU lag, and there was no internet/bandwidth/network connection issues as I have decent internet and nobody else was using it.

I have run into this as well… im generaly on coms so we push the trade through regardless… the items are there… just not showing ><

None that was noticeable… could have been a contributing factor… i do get lag from time to time and we trade a lot lol

I had the same issue the other night on 30nstillgaming’s twitch feed. I opened a trade with him, placed some blocks on the trade window to give him, but they never showed up on his screen. So I ended up having to throw them at him.

Is player information stored regionally? I was on a US server at the time and he is from the US as well, whereas I am from the UK. Not sure if that is relevant or not though?

Hi @Xanotos we’ve managed to reproduce your issue, so we’ll take a look at it.

For everyone else, we haven’t been able to reproduce the other issues so far.

wow, 2 bugs with me involved. fun.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting the bugs :wink:

@yota i heard you were the one who found our little community. saw it on the DevLog:) we’ve already made a few more improvements. (and it was me that made the tree)

Love the tree! :wink: I try to visit the world everyday to see any changes. So far everyday there are surprises :wink:

3 of us are building up a tunnel, connecting the tree to everyone else

1 Like