Trellis placement near lava will destroy the trellis block

i’m pretty sure this is a bug.
since i can place the trellis right on top of lava and wont be destroyed but somehow if i place it on the side of a build that has lava it destroys it…

i have tested it to see if it was lucent related or anything

ps dont mind the music/sound sounds bad

Wood, torches and gem torches, wood storages, even blocks with grass on top will get removed (for grass, it will disappear) when adjacent to lava-holding blocks i think even if its the second adjacent block. Pretty sure by design. Just like how crops get bonus from lava on same level, it seems stuff burns from lava on same level (unless lava is also poured on them).

Edit: Actually music isnt bad

2 Likes

but…why can it be placed in front yet not on side… see i never used wood before so this is new to me trellis is my first wood block i used in my entire boundless life lol
but this should not be happening since the wood is not in direct contact with the lava.
thanks for pointing out the rest!

Rich people problem :joy:

Heat transfers and wood catches fire xD

Youre welcome. Was fixing my farm the other day and got to know about the grass and the gem torches ones.

3 Likes

the way lava affects the blocks seems to be tied to the farming update logic - all influence works horizontally (yield bonuses/penalties and burning crop and material) but not vertically and diagonally

following that blocks placed underneath lava should survive too? I never tried - can u confirm if they get destroyed or survive as the ones on top?

it has no logic why can u put wood or wood related item on top of lava but when you place it on a side of something that contains lava it will be destroyed… i’m 100% sure its not suppose to happen this way.
i would like a confirmation @vdragon ?

i can test this but not sure how you picture it

Me neither. :joy:

When you place something over lava in game it won’t get burn, but when you place something next to it when it normally flows it will burn.

Its the lava “flow”.
Even if its contained in a chiseled block (chiseled block technically is a air block) the flow will be invisible but still there thus it burns.

Have had the same issues.
Don’t know if it still works but you can see it best by laying down a square of glass (chiseled in the middle), trellis, octagrid On the ground if you then place a water source in the middle of them it will flow trough the blocks.

[edit] to be clear the flow is that + a lava source block makes from top view.
Wood and leaf products will burn directly next of a lava source or underneath lava in general.

I’m 100% sure it is supposed to happen this way :stuck_out_tongue:
As others have pointed out, it’s about the flow. Lava flows sideways and downwards, destroying all wood items in it’s path.

Would it also make sense that stuff right above it should get burned? Probably. But currently the logic is lava-flow only. And lava doesn’t flow upwards (thank the oortian gods :smiley: ) .

1 Like

I hope this doesn’t change pink bushes in lava lakes are odd. Especially if they start to float. :grin: