Trick to finding Rubies?

Rubies are a pian in the ass tbh. I really want more to for more compactor coils cuz I got metric ton of medium coal that I dont want to use till I compact it :roll_eyes: they dont really feel like they are worth the giant time sink. So I’m just selling my diamonds to buy rubies

Why not forge that transfiguration chisel and turn your compact diamond into compact ruby? You’ll need a gem chisel, for sure, but that’ll solve your woes. Pretty sure it only takes effect gum.
Edit: @Metro

I’m not in a place to forge atm. Too focused on other things, and cannot use anymore time atm for farming all the stuff needed. If you got any for sale I’d be interested in negotiating a price?

i havent crafted any as yet lol. The gem grind hasnt hit me hard and i dont have to many spares as yet, but i’ll look and see what i can come up with. Currently headed to ol’Bessie for some Amethyst, so maybe ill get a lil extra and craft a chisel or two :wink:

I can give you whatever supplies you need (that I have) as long as you account that for the end cost :blush:

I have the best prices in the universe, bar none. The only supplies I’m short on are the gems lol, so i can guarantee you and anyone else a great deal. I’ll let ya know when i have one. It wont be till tomorrow, unfortunately, but ill do my best to get it sooner, I have too many projects going right now :wink:

I know how it is. And thanks

Rubies are the one gem i’m good at. I have max control as well as the mining stats and I use Iron hammer. Save some hotspots in locations. Port to them, find an unmined one. At 15>long tunnel along hotspot>3rd block left&right mine from standing in original tunnel as far as your control allows you to reach>In all those tunnels gold grapple to floor and dig down every 3rd block, lower yourself to mantle.
It doesn’t always yield a lot, sometimes i guess gems hadn’t regenned yet but rock has, and it’s hard work with Iron…but it generally works for me. I have 200 compacted rubies now and like, 100 rough rubies. Speed it up with titanium or chisel if you like.
In Alcyon btw.

My days of ruby mining happened on vulpto, best advice I can give if they didn’t alter the spawning depths, is to stay in the lowest cave systems you can, if the floor is lava, good. OH!! caves under mountains, that’s the main thing. Good luck my friend, old advice but hopefully it’s worth something to ya :slight_smile: best of luck, hope to see you on alcyon soon :wink:

1 Like

Ruby hotspots always seem to take me near lava pools. That’s kinda what makes me hesitate farming them just cuz working around it is a headache

1 Like

For me it’s lag lol, I don’t know how many times I’ve walked right into a pool because of delayed inputs xD back in those days every tool equipped took a hit on it’s durability too

Ouch. I dont have to much trouble with lag, only in busy cities on the weekends.

1 Like

3mb per sec my dude xD when I first started playing I was on fiber and it was so amazing, it’ll definitely spoil ya

Wow. Haha idk how you played on that, but I admire your tenacity for sure :joy:

1 Like

My work around with the lava was two hammers and two grapples, each with it’s own slot on both hands, then you can just swing along and use whichever hammer isn’t in the hand keeping you alive

I’ll have to try that out, it sounds kinda fun haha

1 Like

Fro’sho mayne, definitely shoot me a pm and let me know how it goes if you try any of my tips! A crucial thing to note is that I ONLY ever found them in caves under mountains. Never found a single one out of that biome. Happy hunting comrade :metal:

1 Like

Simply put we need as many high level planets as low level. Every low level player will be high level at some point.

1 Like

I went to Alcyon yesterday, had exactly the same problem, I broke 9 iron hammers, died a bunch and all i could find were massive holes, i went around 16 or 17 to stay above lava, found a lot of iron and some silver and gold and coal… but not a single ruby, really annoying

@nuadusp Before you start proper if you in middle of the hotspot, attach grapple and dig down to mantle, if no disturbance from other miners then start the real digging. You must dig bore holes every 3rd block too, to mantle. Rubies aren’t as dense as other gems so with normal hammers you must be precise about it.
Lava poses no risk (and rubies like being close to lava) as long as you bring good grapple and keep it attached for bore holes.