Trolls vs Bannable Offense

Unless you are doing something that clearly breaks the ToS, or is otherwise illegal, I don’t think you have to worry about being banned, The devs here seem to be more then reasonable and will most likely give you a warning 1st and ask you to stop.

1 Like

I wasn’t the one Banned for exactly doing this.

From my opinion of how I have personally witnessed the Developers deal with situations;

Banning is very unlikely, unless they break Code of Conduct (CoC) that has been established. Players have straddled the line between CoC and harmless pranks, and the Devs handle most situations individually.

There was one issue, where a player built next to a small hub, and as the hub and city grew, the city founders first asked, then pressured the person to move. To the point conversation was uncomfortable to say the least. But it wasn’t until the person built a poop emoji to reflect their name calling of their build, that the devs steppd in to say the emoji was against CoC and the Dev’s reclaimed his build and deposited the contents into another location of theirs.

Another time, personal story; A new player (or so we thought) came into town, and joined our guild. My in-game friend misunderstood and had his very large workshop set to guild permissions. This new player stole everything, and started to build his own in the city, with the materials my friend had. I had complained to the Dev’s that we were almost certain he had committed the theft, but the devs wanted to intervene very little. I was able to get them to send me a list of who was active during that night but that was it. Technically nothing was against CoC because my friend had his beacon under guild coontrol and ultimatly the guild controlled his mats… And for the record, we as the city residents joined together and politely shunned that player and he left. No name calling was done. Our guild leader explained the situation and personal choice to shun the player and the city / guild followed suit. There is strength in numbers.

I was reported once, for calling some gleamball poachers…“Poachers”. I was using the platforms and hunting them down like our polite society organized (Thank you -DJDancecraft) I think). Nothing happened to me as it was a one off issue

I would be willing to bet it would take several complaints about a player for the Dev’s to look into the situation.
They will likely ASK the player to stop. This usually works from what im aware of…
They might temporarily ban the account for like a day or so many hours or something, but not permanatly.

The squeeky wheel get the grease, - The Devs will react if the issue is big enough, such as multiple people have complained.

2 Likes

So is this about something Hypothetical? or something that happened in the past?

Your statement seems a little ambiguous to me now. It seems now you may be refering to someone elses case.

2 Likes

Email then. I’ve been contacted through the forum.
The devs don’t take sides. Normally they’d rather we be adults and resolve our own problems. I think most complaints are about plotting.
But if someone dumps a ■■■■ load of totems. Yes it’s annoying. But unless they are doing it to you all the time, it’s just someone being a jerk. Or getting caught up in the moment for a laugh. And most likely not something they do all the time.
Banning is a last resort. There would be a warning before a banning. And you’d have to do something pretty bad to be banned. Or just a continual problem for a long time. I’ve only heard of one permanent ban.

3 Likes

Initially I wan’t to keep this Hypothetical, but it seems I must speak more directly for those hear to have a clear picture. A friend of mine was IP banned for dropping basic totems in the Tnt MegaHub. There is no rules against this and they have not been contacted by anyone to state why they were banned. No warning, no hey stop that. Nothing, just straight to the ban hammer. The only reason this happened is because of a personal vendetta that other player have against them due to something they did over a year ago when they were brand new to the game and didn’t know that others were trying to save a build. The offense at hand is not a bannable offense and yet he has been IP banned.

None of us here are qualified to make a statement about this, you will need to ask the devs, There may be a chance there was more to the situation then just dropping totems, or maybe he was being extremely disruptive, but anything said by a player about another player in that regards is Conjecture.

Once again you will have to talk to the devs about this.

3 Likes

A video was made of the last set of totems he dropped, circulated, and then spam reported to the devs and so he was banned.

I dont think this is our area to really comment on this, you need to contact the company that dictates the policy if you want a answer on this.

multiple players have already given you examples that basically amount to “if you have to ask it probably isnt okay”, in your example we dont know (and dont want to know) the history between that player and the devs(and we say devs we mean the company)

we the players can not ban another player, we can only report them and let some one determine if that behavior is inappropriate.

2 Likes

There was not, I was there and in call with him. In fact I had joined in on the troll and yet I am not banned. This is why I say it is due to something he did over a year ago when even that it wasn’t bannable but made people salty, that made this an excuse to get him banned.

This would be the place to talk to them though yes?

I would be curious to see this video because I study player behavior as a hobby. Thou I would not be able to give you any real answers.

As you, yourself have stated, this is trending into name and shame and talking about a specific incident and is no longer “hypothetical”

I suggest you contact the company directly

3 Likes

I was kicked from the guild and no longer have access to the video and didn’t feel the need to save it though I’m sure the leaders of Vikings and Brown town have copies of it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I only said specifics due to the drastic difference between what I was talking about and what you for example were throwing out examples for.

You can message them thru the forums, By clicking on the below names.
@james
or
@Leahlemoncakes

Or you can try to message them thru Discord

Oort “the James” Arch#8044
or
Leah Lemoncakes#0720

Or you can Email the company

boundless@turbulenz.com

wonderstruckgames@turbulenz.com

There is really nothing more any of us can say about this.

3 Likes

Thank you Trudamere :slight_smile:

Moderation action is only discussed with the players there was action taken against. However, if that person would like to appeal any action taken, as per our Code of Conduct,

Hope that information helps :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Thank you for the information Leahlemoncakes :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like to people watch too. :wink: I pretend im afk irl

2 Likes