Trophy/achievement unobtainable!?

The Ruler of the world trophy/achievement (become viceroy of a world) is pretty much unobtainable.
This is because the title viceroy requires you to have the highest prestige of the world.
Becoming a Viceroy is hard to do if not impossible for players starting late to the game.

Without new worlds this is a somewhat unfair trophy/achievement that most players wont get.

3 Likes

New worlds will come… will you be ready?!

3 Likes

5 Likes

High Level Worlds use to have low prestige capitals. :thinking:

1 Like

Better start setting up your world domination kit lol
That’s what I’ve been doing and just waiting for a new planet to come forth from the endless cosmos

2 Likes

Yes ive been collection my dominion kit too :joy:

That’s a special achievement for ppl who enjoy the prestige pvp system. Bartle’s player types says MMO players are on a spectrum of achievers, explorers, socializers, or killers. You can be an achiever and dabble in every role but it will be hard to get the top tier achievement in the other playstyles. Only killers or socializers will be viceroys. Red mages can’t cast Cure IV. Another achievement that will be out of reach for most of the playerbase is the one where you sell to players a million times. Only the most successful rock stores have any hope of achieving that.

1 Like

I dont mind the ingame feats being hard to get, but i would like to be able to get the platinum for psn within a couple months of work.
How it stands now most ppl wont be able to get that, which should be possible right?

1 Like

Ah you’re right, the platinum will be an incredibly small population with things as they are. It’s akin to games which have trophies for becoming top 50 on a global leaderboard

1 Like

Yeah there is some that are unattainable I was noticing this since September. I get that some should be hard get but ones that are pretty much impossible to get except for those that started before playstation users.

1 Like

When a new world drops, everyone will have roughly the same chance of getting that achievement. What we actually need to do is game the system here, but it would take community-wide cooperation. First guy to land slaps down a 10k prestige pile of gleam (because, you know, its free). He is viceroy, yay! Then he just unbeacons his pile and nr2 drops a campfire, viceroy!. Then he whacks his campfire and nr3 steps up… you guys get my drift…

Think lateral people!!!

5 Likes

We did this on Angel 1. I was viceroy for 20 minutes then someone else and then a third person I was playing with.

Edit so my official title is now Kal-El formerly of Krypton and the First Viceroy of Angel I (retired).

6 Likes

There are several achievements on psn that aren’t attainable yet I’ve noticed. Most notably the ones that involve special worlds.

Working on it :star_struck:

Anyone know which the hidden achievements are? PM if you don’t wanna share publicly :joy_cat:

It’s unlikely you can achieve Viceroy, but it does happen. The viceroy and the capitol of Sorissi was just recently overthrown. I haven’t gotten around to seeing the new digs, I just noticed one day when the yellow “capitol” marker wasn’t due East of my settlement anymore.

Remember the viceroy is the highest prestige beacon in the highest prestige city. Collectively a city can become capital and automatically that warden becomes Viceroy. You don’t have to make a bigger city just be the highest prestige In that city. If you talk to the viceroy he might even help you get the achievement by dropping prestige just so you get the achievement.

Just be consistent, play often, and build at your leisure. It’s the whole tortoise and the hare analogy; slow and steady wins the race.

In theory this is one is achievable but the one about visiting 40 planets of a different type is actually impossible since there are no 40 different type of planets. Yes, 42 planets total, many are Lvl1 Lush for instance…

3 Likes

Word domination kit success, just got the achievement on Galan.
Im at 1558N 499E if anyone want to get it too!

1 Like

@Kal-El exactly, many can become Viceroy of each planet. There is no rush to be first. Pick a planet, most will choose lower lvl prestige planets, move in, dominate with skilled precision and a lot of time. I say skilled precision bc simply to lower the time input required. High prestige could perhaps be achieved in theory using solely blocks & stones, but that’s be nonsense!
@Evoshade I agree with you that this game has chosen to set incredibly high bars to obtain a large percentage of its trophies, as well I’ve had the thought will anyone ever platinum, yet I never questioned this particular trophy re:Viceroy as being a stopper/shut down for the plat. It would simply take a lot of time. With skillful planning the time can be reduced though.