Trophy Drops/World Tiers

It seems to me out of all the solo hunting I do with maxed out luck, Trophies really only drop from meteor mobs. Even elite elemental’s on t6 worlds 99% of the time do not drop trophies for a solo or non-meteor hunter.

I feel like they should drop especially so, off elites, and hoppers are far too rare especially elite ones.On large hunts I find trophies are adequate. But why are they mainly limited to meteor mobs? Shouldn’t a well built hunter enjoy the spoils of solo hunting in a boundless universe or must he be forced to join a hunt for specifically meteors? On t6 worlds, there should not be the same mob count as on low tier worlds. More lava doesn’t make it more dangerous, nor the atmosphere to a lvl 50+. I know higher tier worlds might be coming, but t6’s should have more elite mobs, that actually drop higher end loot.I literally feel zero diff between a t5 and a t6. I want to feel it.

That’s my thoughts and experience on the current world tiers and the loot drops. Not really a complaint, but feedback.

3 Likes

I got a feather off the first stout (maybe strong) roadrunner i saw on a T4 world last night. Wasnt a meteor, and definitely very lucky cause i didnt see any trophies at all after that, but still possible soloing without meteors on lower tiers.

There is always that “one” time someone got a trophy. In the bigger picture we all know 99% of the time there is no trophies unless it’s on a meteor mob. We need more.

1 Like

Confirmation bias. I solo hunt t6 and can’t handle the meteors. I get a steady stream of trophies.

Not Hopper cores?

to make a point, I worked at least an hour on Kolhous, or however it’s spelled. And I received zero trophies. I soloed a meteor while I was there and got 2 cores, and about 3 each of the others.

I have never seen a stream of trophies hunting none meteor mobs. And I kill basically everything in my path as I run the planets. In a couple hours I usually end up with just a couple tentacles, and a decent amount of eyes.

That’s the definition of confirmation bias. Here’s an isolated event that matches your theory. It matches so you think ah ha and remember it as significant. Your exact story is true for me in the opposite. I have a non meteor hunting event and I got multiple trophies so the drop rate must be higher than meteors. Or I just had good rolls.

Trophies are just rare. They’re just a grind.

1 Like

I understand. Good point. I guess for me is that it’s always this way. Not a single event. It really is always this way.

I just came back from gathering some easy Iron on Galan. Every now and then a Mighty or Elite Hopper would come to say hello. After about 2 hrs of gathering Iron, I came back with 7 Hopper Cores and 2 Cuttletrunk Trophies.

So, it is possible. You just have to get lucky or into a groove that RNGeezus approves of.

nice. guess some luck in it.

A better test would be to hunt a large number of elite mobs in the open (say 1000 due to low drop rate) and then do the same from meteor mobs (good luck counting those…) and compare the spoils.

Trophies feel much more frequent from meteorites, this may be partly to the large number of mobs killed in a small mount of time. My gatherer with no health boost often hunts hoppers and runners i come across while collecing surfce resources; an hour or 2 gathering usually nets more cores & feathers than my hunter brings back from a 45-60min group hunt

I have to agree with everyone else. I’ve been on exactly 1 large meteor hunt, and while the drop rate was nice, I put it down to like Prome3us said: a high number of mobs killed in a short amount of time. I almost exclusively solo hunt on T6 planets, skipping the meteors, and come away with quite a few trophies every time. For me, roadrunner trophies are the hardest to get. But that’s just because they’re a rarer mob.

The feather on the first shot on a T4 was definitely outrageously lucky. I dont expect ill see that ever again.

But same as everyone else above. I generally hunt solo on T6 and tend to avoid meteors, and still always walk away with a few trophies. Of course youd get more from meteors, theres 10x more mobs coming at you at once, but its far from the only way they drop.

I have noticed a fairly stark difference for each time I head out to hunt. Rarely do higher level meteors with groups just the little ones for simple stones. Do t6 planet hunting solo just running around. Some hunts I get about 6 trophies for an hour of killing. Usually only 1 hopper core no matter how many of them I kill. And other days it doesn’t matter how many hours I spend hunting. 0 trophies, it’s just how rng is. If there is a 1% drop rate. Some people will get 3% and some will get 0%. It’s based around all drops. Not on your drops. You are gonna have bad hunts. And maybe even be just that unlucky hunter at all times. :confused: rng is a harsh mistress.

1 Like

Im probably one of the few that like rng. Would be boring if it was the same every time. You need those occasions where you have no luck and everything sucks to make things like scoring a feather on your first shot on a T4 a story you wanna brag about 3 times in the same thread.

Without the darkness there is no light.

5 Likes