Trying to settle and expand the outpost near me but it isn't working

I am on the US East server, on Beckon and trying to “connect” to the Frogaria outpost. I placed my beacon in an unclaimed plot adjacent to a claimed plot within the outpost, then extended out my plots about 3 plots to an island to build on (this area is broken into smaller islands and we are connecting up with bridges). When I first placed, my beacon indicated I was part of the outpost, but as I have built the plots up (around 15 plots now on this small island). Now it says it is bridging multiple settlements and not counting my build as part of the outpost. I tried widening the 3x1 plot “bridge” to a 3x2" with no luck.

Anything I’m doing wrong here? During the beta I was connected into the settlement directly, not across island bridges or roads, so it’s entirely possible I’m missing a step here!

I saw a similar post like this earlier, and it was said to be because of the bridges or roads. It may be in the report 197 bugs post.

1 Like

Video: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

You should be able to see the plot boundaries in this video. According to the post Bryethewizard is referring to, I’ve got it setup like a “road” and that should connect it right? Or am I reading that dev post backwards and the roads DON’T connect things? Other builds in the area are connected in the same way I’ve done mine and don’t seem to have the issue.

Well, I widened this bridge in the other direction (to the left on that image) and it connected everything. Dunno why going left instead of right made a difference but it finally connected.

Try 3x3 … that was working reliably for me prior to 1.0

2x3 with the 2x touching two plots of someone already in the settlement seemed to work in this case. I’ll keep the 3x3 in mind if it breaks though!