Two smart stack names that bother my OCD I guess: cloth, and compact coal

1. If you smart stack cloth and sackcloth, it calls the smart stack “Cloth and Leather”. I would change this to “Fabrics” (and some day maybe there will be new fabrics)
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1. When you compact medium coal it gets named “compact coal” not “compact medium coal”. Ok. When you have a SS of compact coal it is called a compact coal SS. When you have a SS of compact soft coal and compact hard coal, it is also called a compact coal SS. I propose changing “Compact Coal” to “Compact Medium Coal” for consistency.
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Also, it is probably not the best that SS is part of our game lingo. Wouldn’t want to come up on the wrong google searches. We don’t want those people here (thank god swastikas was a short lived problem that has yet to return, knock on wood). Any ideas anyone? It’s rather ingrained at this point but we could all come to terms with a change there easily enough.

@lucadeltodecso I presume is the man on this one?

These would literally be 2 second fixes (I presume) and would be a decent QoL improvement for just about 0 time needed by the devs

Like if you agree! (or think this is a good post)

I never once thought of the ss thing(probably not the only one). Also anytime I’ve said ss and someone didn’t know what it stood for they asked and I said Smart Stack and they reply oh duh that makes sense.

2 Likes

I cringe a bit at this too, but didn’t say anything

And we still have this…
glyph

3 Likes

Yeah ss don’t sounds that bad

1 Like

I never noticed the SS thing the other day, but it’s one of those things that once you see it you can’t unsee it. So now I see people shouting about SS and it’s a very tiny bit cringey.

I could have sworn they said they changed maximum effort. That’s still the icon?

1 Like

It’s still there :expressionless:

1 Like

Yea I’ll forget about it by later today :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Stop, just stop. Didn’t everyone talk about this enough in a forum post a year ago. Go play boundless and let it be.

7 Likes

LMAO I instantly thought of this meme

8 Likes

Why do you turn rock into stone, then refine it into refined rock?

Why is decorative refined gravel produced in the compactor?

3 Likes

When the update for this came devs said it was no longer decorative and they make it compacted gravel but it seems like they didn’t change the name lol

1 Like

Ever had dip and dots? Ever smashed dip and dots together? Lol looks like refined gravel :rofl:

2 Likes

I always say stack instead of ss, or just 900. I think it’s more so because I don’t like acronyms haha

1 Like

I know this is a bit of semantics but on the swastika the symbol is mirrored, i.e. the arms or whatever point the opposite direction.

If it helps, the iteration (almost) on this Boundless example with the arms pointing in this direction signifies in Buddhism auspiciousness and good fortune as well as the footprint of the Buddha and Buddha’s heart. Leave it to the Nazi’s to ruin a symbol of a good thing.

5 Likes

I think they’ve done that to several things/symbols :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Mostly Germanic/Norse runes, and Roman stuff. The Buddhism thing is probably coincidence.

I tore down an attempt at an eagle statue once because the vibe was just off.

1 Like

Yea last time this topic was brought up o mentioned the same thing. There’s a lot of cultures that use(d) it and mainly spiritual/religious reasoning but most people dismissed it because they aren’t as prominent as the bad thing even tho that’s basically saying those people don’t matter :sweat_smile::man_shrugging:t4:

People like to focus on the bad things and not let history be that. History.

4 Likes

I always thought SS meant screen shot.I would also have to ask for clarity when someone used SS, cause I usually dont recognize context in order to translate acronyms.

3 Likes

Yup another commonly used form.

the best i read in this topic, it is history and not more…

i cant hear longer always the same^^

4 Likes