"Typing" bubble is needed!

We should have [Typing…] bubble head when we are typing, just the same as [Trading…] bubble above the head when trading.
Many people walked away because my typing was too slow, and they dont know if I am AFK or not.

Also [AFK…] bubble would be really nice.

28 Likes

^^ This 100%!

I’ve said before how I find ingame chat uncomfortable at times. One of the main reasons for that in this game particularly is that you don’t know if the other person is typing or not. They don’t know if I’m typing. This feels like awkward silence and uncomfortable, to say the least.

A simple bubble as described by, ailes would help alleviate 90% of that discomfort for me. I’d even be more inclined to interact with the community ingame a lot more. Take part in more events etc. All it would take is a simple change such as this.

Please, Devs. Give it some serious consideration! :wink:

4 Likes

agree - good idea really; as for AFK, it’s the animation that gives away, however a bubble would be like instant 100% confirmation of current player’s status

5 Likes

Ingenious!

+1

3 Likes

Totally agreed!! Perfect, this is a GREAT idea! Yeah, I’m on PS4 and it is SO slow typing with the controller - several times people have ducked out on me while I was typing something.

4 Likes

lol, every time I have no response to my chat I ask if they are PS4 players - it took me a while to learn that though; it didn’t immediately sink in that there are PS players out there haha

maybe they need their own bubble: “PS4 Player - be patient”

and progress bar animation “typing in progress” :wink:

5 Likes

Not gonna lie I laughed pretty hard at this… ps4 player btw

4 Likes

PS4 players can tell who is PC and who is PS4. It would be nice for the PC players to be able to tell if some one is PS4.

Also, sooo awkward when I start talking to a PC player and they have no idea who I am because I am on another character…

4 Likes

Long time ago there were suggestions to have some kind of “surname” for alts (or simply the registered boundless name added to HUD) to make people aware who is the user behind a character met in game.

ATM it’s only when you have someone on friends list that you can check who is the user.

OMG YES!
So many awkward situations, staring at each other not knowing if the conversation is over or not.
Especially when you have friends on PS4 without hardware keyboard.
A simple [Typing…] bubble would go such a long way at improving this.

4 Likes

To be honest most PC players are way slower than I am :wink:

But am using a bluetooth keyboard on my PS4…

1 Like

its much better if they improve the chat menu
only way i would agree on this idea is if i could toggle it off
for me it would make boundless look less cool and more like a chat game

I have been writing for many months with keyboard on the Ps4! Almost all of them work with USB :slight_smile: I bought my wife 2 weeks ago a small keyboard with Wi-Fi and it is very pleasant! just for chat or messages I recommend every PS4 user to buy a keyboard! my only cost 10 euros: D

1 Like

Yeh keyboard on a ps4 is a God send really though I end up slowly lying down as I play which using a keyboard while horizontal is like a hippo trying to do a sit up. Get the 2nd screen app on ya phone you can use that to type as well, has the habit of auto disconnecting after a few minutes but is handy to have

Totally agree!
I’m PS4 and have to rush to reply a lot of the time

1 Like

I want the old school dial up modem sign. Even the beeps would be awesome :sunglasses:

There is no doubt in my mind that we’ve ALL been in the situation where we’re talking with someone in-game and been like “wait, is he waiting for me to say something or is he writting something?”

I’d love a bubble thing, but I’d have to be discret. The “TRADING…” bubble is a bit too big for me. But a simple and small comicbook style white dialogue bubble with 3 dots appearing/disappearing in sequence inside would be great.

Good idea. .

this ^^^^^^^^^^

I always start off with “sorry for the slow typing, I’m on PS4” lol

I should really get an USB keyboard

1 Like

It works great! And u can Use it in the PS4 hotbar! :slight_smile:

1 Like