UMG claiming soundtracks on Youtube videos

send an email to Boundless at the support email.

Support@playboundless.com

We’re still in the process of working on this, and unfortunately, we haven’t made much progress yet. I apologize for the inconvenience, and I’m hopeful that we’ll be able to resolve it this year. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

7 Likes

That’s too bad. The music is so beautiful and without it, my videos just don’t capture the nice atmosphere of the game looking at a gorgeous lake reflecting a night sky full of stars and planets while the OST plays inspiring music. The great visuals accented by the music is what makes this game go from great to incredible.

1 Like

that why i stopped stream to youtube all due automatic copyright

1 Like

I just turn off in game music and play non-copyrighted music. Would be way better if I was able to use the Boundless music though.

Sorry you have to do this, we’re trying our best to get this settled.

3 Likes

Yeah, I stopped making videos too.

Everything or any small change seems to take forever so I gave up.

If this has no priority and they don’t see the value of people promoting the game (for free) on Youtube / Twitch then it is a missed chance to make more money for them in my book.

Just turn the music off when making videos or streaming seems to be the quick fix.

4 Likes

Even quicker fix is to stop making content at all, seems that is what people choose to do.

We had the same issue with the Zen Pinball game and copyrighted music. (tables on Star Wars)

They fixed it in only 14 days.

I would like to remind everyone that this has been an issue from the start and throughout all the years.
I don’t know much about how this is resolved normally, but in case of Boundless it has been something hard to fix, so it seems, and I have no idea why, as no one ever tried to explain it properly.
Is the copyright somehow overcomplicated and split between different parties? (the composer and the game owners be it old or new; are Steam and PS platforms dealt with separately?)

1 Like

Not something you can do about it anyway and it by no means is not our problem to solve.
This is now an ongoing problem for 4 years and it does not seem to get fixed.

2 Likes

Ive streamed the game as have many others without issue. Easy fix…

I totally understand the music is amazing and I love listening to it while playing, I also understand it isn’t our job to fix this issue, all I’m saying is just turn the music off while the issue is being looked into. Obviously, it is being looking into.

2 Likes

Yeah, maybe it gets fixed in 2 years :slight_smile:

I still have hope !

2 Likes

I think the issue here is not the actual in-game music.

unless people get muted for that, which I find weird.
I have streamed hours and hours and did not have issues until i started playing the tracks in addition

which is the Boundless Digital Deluxe Upgrade that comes with the soundtracks.

2 Likes

to add, if I did get muted for the copyright, i would appeal for the muted video

and pick

• I have permission from all applicable rights holders to use the audio and distribute it on Twitch as part of my video.
    within a few hours it would be unmuted, the next time it did not give me the issue

however this was last year, i will test it again this saturday

Im guessing it is the in-game music, unless people are talking about making videos with soundtrack music also, which IIRC the in-game music IS the soundtrack. I’m not sure, but someone might can correct me.

All that said, Twitch is a little more forgiving than YouTube, but I have had Twitch mute portions of my stream due to music copyrights including once with Boundless. I just don’t use the in game music.

1 Like

Been there done that. It is useless.You will see when you test it.
If it was that easy for content makers to solve this then they would not stop making videos on Boundless (with or without music)

3 Likes

So you are getting flagged even when the music is off?

1 Like

back then it was easy as I said a couple of hours and it was unmuted, but yeah I will test it with the actual soundtracks, i did not have issues without the soundtracks

1 Like