Unplayable lag every day at 8pm EST. Fix this or I quit (as do many others)

I really would like each region to have each tier of planet and type. It would solve a lot of complaints about resource scarcity and hopefully the lag.

So as recommended by @james earlier in the thread, I turned down my chunk download limit and was able to get through all portals tonight without the “unplayable world” message. Didn’t matter what region, it now just takes a moment for each portal to load the world but after that second or two it works and I can enter.

I don’t know what the default setting is and if I cranked it up at some point, but give this a try if you’re getting “unplayable” message.

1 Like

Hey DK,

I think i have a fix for you, it may be worth a shot:
Your base is literally right next to the most busy portal hub in the game. It is the closest in fact, one chunk diagonally. I think that the constant loading and unloading of players/portals might be your problem. And it only makes sense that it happens during the busy times, after ppl get off work and go shopping/meet for hunts on Finata

Possibly, move your base/workshop to another planet, or away from the hub. and have a portal that leads back to your mall. That way, you are doing most of your work away from all the network load, and just pop thru the portal to restock.

I cant imagine how much of your network is getting wasted just from being that close to the Ultima HQ Hub. I only say “wasted” because it is your bandwidth getting sucked up by 70 other players actions.

1 Like

Honestly I’m just going to quit the game if this isn’t fixed.

Devs, you guys are liable for a class action lawsuit on this screwup alone, so, you may want to fix this sooner rather than later. I’m not a lawyer, but if anyone else here is a lawyer and wants some cash, feel free to sign up myself and other users on this thread to form a class.

See if this wakes them up at all :wink: but seriously I do want a refund if this isn’t fixed within the week.

Have you completed the troubleshooting steps as outlined by James? Chunkdowloade rate, lag graph, network graph, etc? A user above followed the steps James mentioned and stated the problem went away. I’d highly checking those settings. Unless you follow the troubleshooting steps given than you can’t claim you are giving a good faith effort in helping to resolve the issue.