CANCELED: Forging Changes

Dont worry, we are not intending this to become a feature you play with at level 6. It still has the same crafting requirements to even start forging. The implication here is that if you have no skills invested in a dedicated forging character, you could craft a stone hammer that can outclass your iron hammer you might be using when first getting into mining on higher tier worlds.

7 Likes

I’d suggest definitely making ravenous a defect, or changed to at least activating the boons at maybe half energy. It made my tool pretty much useless and i ended up just using it as a regular tool

I am in the camp that believes reactive lamella should be looked at in the compound base recipe, and also some quirks should be considered being changed to defects.

4 Likes

What would be the likely material cost of improving this stone hammer via forging? Why spend the time/skill points to forge this when I could probably put the stat point into tool mastery instead? I’d probably get more usable play time out of just using my mass crafted iron hammers.

1 Like

While I do agree that the Draining compound + Vigor catalyst may have been a bit overpowered, I feel this nerf is taking it a bit to far and pushing the item into uselessness for high end forging.

I feel you only need to do one or the other not both. Either have it add 400 quirk points OR reduce the drain from 5 to 3.

The 400 Quirk points is enough to make most forgers not want to use the item at all, because Quirks and defects are quite bad.

The Debuff being changed from 5 rounds to 3 rounds alone should be enough to break the synergy between both items. However if this nerf and only this nerf alone was done, then the amount of vigor drained per round would need to go up a little bit.

Just one of the two nerfs alone I feel is enough. To make this item not be a consideration anymore for how it was being used. This feels more like a gutting then a nerf.

8 Likes

I agree that Draining 2 meta is overpowered with respect to the developers’ intent for the forge system overall. However, I think “Vigour Drain down to 3 rounds” is what I would consider a “small change,” while “Add 400 Defect points” in tandem is a “dramatic change.” I think that we should be tapering/tuning the top tier end moderately, rather than abruptly changing it at this point.

Overall, I think we’re still headed in a good direction. It’s tough to consider the factors when changing an aspect like this one. Part of my hesitancy rests with the fact that we don’t have a schedule for T7 and 8 planets or the arrival of the next tiers of tools. Arguably, we were never supposed to be ravaging T6 planets as well as we are with simple gems. /shrug

Thank you @rossstephens for this detailed update and opportunity to discuss. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

How high can the efficiency go on Gem tools now? I’m trying to see if pure boon 3 is even going to be able to semi-replace our current drain meta. If it does not, I need to spend every waking moment for the next few days making hammers.

2 Likes

Ditto @Peyago. Doing this as soon as i get off work. All mass crafts of forge ingrediants about to be dumped tonight.

—>Draining Boon Death Nerfing:

Seriously dont change Draining Boon Compound was hiped to get into Forging, and its the only think keeping me real playing because everythink keeping many people playing is mining for forging, gathering for forging and forging for End Game tools there is not much other End Game content in the game, like the World bosses promised for exemple. So when you change Draining Boon Compound whats the matter? make it harder to forge Good tools wow… only think happens is Expensiv Tools already costing 20.000c+ getting Ridiculous OP Expensive and costing for Sure 80.000-100.000c just to have a tool without defects and quirks which makes a tool pretty much useless as well as adding a even bigger Grinding Wall than already Exist and keep many player away by just increasing the prices for good tools which new player never cant efford 100k for an hammer when the draining boon gets death nerfed. Thats just messing up High end Crafting. Appreciate the other changes though pretty good for beginner forging but dont Nerf High End Crafting that much just because its a way to forge somethink beatiful you devs think its to perfect and need to have defects cause everytink need to have it good and bad parts right…

Why cant just let the good think happen and forging High End as easy and Noob friendly

4 Likes

I forsee perfect hammers and the like going for 150-200k especially withno quirks or defevts at this point. Ill happily sit on my hammers till the prices are sky high… just sayin… not that im am ass… but i wont sell out short for completly nerfing perfect hammers.

And then to think this item will break after an hour or so… noones gonna care about forge anymore. Farm for a week to gey 1 hammer…

1 Like

Where did you get that idea from?

That’s not my perception of forging, at least

4 Likes

I 100% agree with this.

3 Likes

I Agree its taking way to far, to nerf an new player friendly way to forge(Draining boon) but on same side saying we want new player to forge… wow they sure have fun to deal with negative effects of forging nice!(sarcassm)

1000h+ into the game and yet I have to try forging… I’ve just got so many other tasks that require so much time! :wink:

3 Likes

This method requires multiple ingredients that are extremely rare drops from high tier worlds and 3000 power on the extractor as well as enough power on the forge to get to 100% efficiency on your tool (most likely gems if you are going to invest that many expensive resources). This is certainly a nerf, but let’s not be disingenuous about who it effects.

3 Likes

totaly agree if a nerf is needed

( stll dont see the need Devs say we want to make it easier for newbies but on same hand destroying normal way of High end crafting and taking the abbility to forge high end. Now we just have to deal with negative asspects of forging …)

then it should’nt be the death nerf of quirk, would accept a nerf by rounds like you said from 5 to 3 though…

^ this no matter how hard the devs try to push it people are not going to start forgeing wooden tools when you can spend 10 min even starting out to get more iron then you would ever need

4 Likes

I cant imagine perfect high end items will sell after this, as no one will be able to afford it on the regular.

Not everyone is efficient at mining to make it up in cost for pies plus the perfect hammers, maybe right now we can, but afterwards not sure really.

3 Likes

or buy an iron tool for 200c which you get afer 1st min starting boundless and mining just iron, copper etc and never touch wood again tbh.

1 Like

Because it’s natural progression, and before they changed it, to get most of the ingrediants needed to forge anything of use, you had to be at end game anyways to be able to hunt and kill the most powerful enemies on T5 and T6 worlds to farm their parts, then the better tools to farm all the other ingrediants needed.

Forging was meant to Augment your tools after you’re done normal progressing.

Wood->Stone->Copper->Iron->Gold->Silver->Titanium->Gems->Forged Tools.

Forged Tools were meant to be the end game reward. That you progressed through the game with normal tools, and not you can make better quality of life tools. Tools that hit harder, last longer, and effect more area per hit to help your alts farm the low end tier stuff, and to help you farm the high end tier stuff to keep progressing.

Just look at all the ‘Guides’ and ‘Help’ people say for the Gem Wall. People say use Iron Tools, or BUY a 3x3 Forged Tool. They never tell you to MAKE a Forged Tool, because it was never something you were meant to be able to do before End Game.

Because like I pointed out, if it isn’t an End Game system. What do you do? You beat the Gem Wall, you can now get hundreds of Gems. Now what? You’re already Forging the best tools in the game, you’ve now got all the gems you could ever want easily with the 3x3 Titanium Tools you can make. What more is there to do?

Coils and the Recipies with Power are just fluff, decorations mostly, there is no more progression, no more tools after Gem tools, there are no more mechanics, features, or content after you pass the Gem Wall. You can’t just get started on Forging, figuring it out, and making even better tools, because you’ve been doing that the entire time, and it’s what made the Gem Wall so easy for you to progress past.

So what now?

To put this into Perspective @nevir, It’s like Going from Warp Portals back to Beacons you place around the worlds to fast travel to spots and then running from there to other locations of importance and using Warp Augments to travel to new planets.

To now where being full Portals that are Permanantly in place, and with Portal Hubs linking all the planets, cutting out content and time, taking a long 2 hour journey to get from T1 to T6 world, to literally 2 minute walk.

Instead of getting all these resouces and content to explore, hunt, collect, and experience the game from T1 to T6, you just walk for 2 minutes and now at T6 and wondering “Ok, now what?”

Like I pointed out, It’s taking an end game feature, and adding it to the Low and Mid tiers. It’s no longer End Game. So when you actually HIT End game, what is there to do?

The heck is that? Don’t buy something so expencive. Iron tools should be 150c at most, most closer to 130 or 115c.

Heck, if you can search the trading posts for my shop, I sell them for a flat 100c each. Don’t waste money on expensive Iron Tools.