Upgrade 'Creep' Skill

Hello!

Currently the Creep skill says:

“Enables the ability to Creep. Whilst Creeping uses your Stamina to slow your Movement Speed, it does prevent you from falling off edges. Press C to Creep.”

Here is an examples of a hole in a mine:

Look at all those edges! Edges abound!

However, the creep skill only prevents you falling if:
The block is a regular un-chiseled block and the direction you are creeping cannot have another regular un-chiseled block or chiseled block.

So while this hole is full of edges, creeping will not help you. You will fall down it regardless.

I think this would be fine it if could be telegraphed to me as a player better. Right now, when I see an edge I may think I can Creep near it. But if that ‘edge’ is facing SW, and is not a NSWE edge with no block in front of it (no matter how small), then I will fall…because it isn’t an ‘edge’ it is a chiseled 1/2 block. 1/2 Chisled blocks (either diagonally or vertically) don’t count as edges.

I would love this to be updated! Early in the game you don’t have a lot of skill points, and this bad boy costs 5! It would be a great help to caving if it worked on all edges. Especially since you have to spend points on it :slight_smile:

Thanks all!

5 Likes

Agreed. This is something that irks me. It woudl be way better chilling caves if I coudl just hold down C and not have the booboo baddy boi lava eat me while I mistep.

2 Likes

Actually… Creep also helps you to creep up on a Roadrunner without them running away b4 you can even get to shoot em. At least that was how it was in Jul '17 not sure if they took that out of the creep skill yet.

2 Likes

I never use creep because of this uselessness.
I select it when i am leveling up because i cant stand block placement (it doesnt work the way i want it to either but thats a different topic :wink:)
But i always remove it after i unlock the next tree.

1 Like

This is a bug, thankfully - not sure when it will be fixed, but I can’t wait

2 Likes