Upgrading 2 wayfarer accounts to a pioneer account

awesome
you def need a aqua invite you can ask anything there and we try reply superfast to questions

we also planning the rebuild there :smile: welcomes

I wanted chieftan or higher!! Ugh so much money though! Thanks for link to discord though.

More plots and more options is great for builders ^.^

2 Likes

Am I really asking too much to get a straight answer to my question from a Developer? I’m pretty sure it’s not that complicated :neutral_face:

each wayfarer pays half the cost off pioneer upgrade then ya have together two pioneers acounts one each and two steam acces keys also one each
for the extra stuff devs promised to work that out after release
so each wayfarer pays half the upgrade to pioneer and both wayfarers get a pioneer acount and a steam key

so you keep y acount and become pioneer plus ya have a key for another tier one acount and ya pay only half the upgrade
if ya friend does the same

its pretty epic that devs do this

1 Like

Merging 2 Wayfarer into a single Pioneer works by:

1. The 2 Wayfarer pay the difference between 2x Wayfarer and 1x Pioneer. $250 - ($95 * 2) = $60.

2. One of the Wayfarers is promoted to Pioneer and the other Wayfarer has their purchase cancelled. You need to agree who will be the owner on the Pioneer.

The result is that we’ve gone from 2x Wayfarers to 1x Pioneer.

If you were to do this you need to make sure you’re comfortable doing this with another person. When we send out information to backers in the future we’ll only contact the Pioneer. It’ll be up to them to send things onto other player.

Make sense?

7 Likes

Thank you @james that’s exactly the information I was looking for. I understood point 1 as I’ve already upgraded from Adventurer to Wayfarer it was just point 2 I was unsure about but what you’ve said makes perfect sense. I appreciate the time and trouble to answer my question.

1 Like

So a friend and I would like to merge our Explorer accounts into 1 Wayfarer account, and pay the difference ($25). How exactly do I do that? Do I just donate the difference on the Boundless support page and give our Steam account names? Is Steam involved in this somehow, or just the Boundless Devs?

@geoftastic this is the information from James regarding the process.

Yes, it is possible to upgrade your package - but it’s a manual payment process and the details are described below. The majority of higher backers originally started out purchasing the Explorer and Adventurer tiers.

How:
You need to pay the difference between your current package and the new package. Once we have confirmed the payment we will upgrade your purchase, tier and account. The new tier perks will be sent to you automatically once they’re available in the game.

Please send the money via PayPal directly to webservices@turbulenz.biz . This is our PayPal account.

As an example, if you’re upgrading from Adventurer to Wayfarer, then you need to pay $95 - $55 = $40.

Please make the payment in the currency you originally purchases Boundless in.

Details:
Once you have made the payment please email the following details to us at boundless@turbulenz.com:

* The original tier and the new tier you are upgrading to.
* The original purchase was via Steam or PlayBoundless.com .
* The PayPal transaction ID - to help us confirm the payment.
* The email address you used to register your Boundless account.
* Your Boundless username.

Please note that this is currently a manual process and the upgrade could take up to 24 hours. We will respond to your email confirming that the upgrade has been completed.

Help!?
If you need any help with this process please email us at boundless@turbulenz.com.

Just a note, Wayfarer only has 1 instant access key. Meaning only one of you will get the perks.
The other key is only a launch key, which is just the base game and will probably not become available before launch (11. sept).

3 Likes

@james i had read all merge information… i see something missing that 2 Wayfarer merge to 1 pioneer, but instant 2x access give two pioneer tier instead one