Upgrading 2 wayfarer accounts to a pioneer account

@james or anyone else that can answer this … how would 2 separate wayfarer accounts go about upgrading to 1 pioneer account so they each get 1 instant access and 1 additional launch key each. Will each person still have their own account?

1 Like

well there still has to be a master account, or owner of the actual pioneer account, then the other person would be as if they just punched in the steam key and unlocked the game that way.
both people would get all of the perks (I believe also have the pioneer title) but only the decided owner of the pioneer package gets the (1 of) perks.
as far as the launch keys, they are just like regular accounts and can be given out or used on another steam account of yours. You could even sell them I think… (not sure if that violates eula tho :thinking: ) basically the launch keys are for you and the owner to do what you want with :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks ctrl-64 :slightly_smiling_face: … any idea how the payment would work as I’m guessing it would need 2 accounts to be merged into 1 and then I assume it’s a matter of trust that the master account holder actually passes on the other keys? … so does that mean 1 account would actually end up being completely deleted? …I’m not expecting you to know all the answers to my questions by the way, just thinking out loud so I and anyone else that’s considering it fully understand the process as I’m guessing the Devs are pretty busy at the moment to be too concerned about what I guess they would see as trivial questions at this moment in time. I have tried looking through all the past threads but there’s so many that I couldn’t see anything that specifically answered my questions, there probably is but by the time I read through all of them again the game would probably already of been launched :rofl:

no thats totally cool, it’s good to ask questions!
I believe all the administrative stuff is taken care of by them, as long as they have the total amount of money for the tier you want, they will take care of the rest. just let them know who is the master account holder and if both parties paid equally then its easy. beyond that is out of my knowledge :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

How can you upgrade to a pioneer if 2 wayfarer is not equal in price to pioneer?

you just pay the difference

2 Likes

I had a feeling it was something like that, it would just be nice to hear from a Dev in black and white the exact process of how merging 2 accounts work etc … I’ve already updated mine from Adventurer to Wayfarer but that was pretty straightforward as it was just my 1 account but I just need a little bit more clarity with how it works with 2 accounts.

I know it’s been done before. just piecing together everything I know from what I have read :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Same here, I’ve seen people looking for others to share master and even Oortian which is a whole bunch of people merging but I’ve never quite understood the exact process :grin:

I might get wayfarer, I don’t know how that fits into your plans.

I wonder. If two people combine their wayfarer accounts to get pioneer, can that 1 pioneer account be combined with another (3 total people) to make chieftan? I would be interested in that but I guess we would all want the artwork :joy:
EDIT: nvm, not enough keys are there?
Another EDIT:
But to make matters more complex, the merged pioneer could combine with another pioneer and then a chieften to make a master account :smirk:

1 Like

I’ve recently upgraded to Wayfarer but I’m hoping to be able to go to pioneer before 1.0 primarily for the extra plots as I love building but the jump financially is pretty big so unfortunately at this moment in time it’s not something I can afford on my own and the 2 access keys, instant and launch are plenty for me.

As far as I’m aware it is possible as it seems that other people have done that already.

I would want to hit chieftan for the exclusive character options and 1 extra launch key I guess but I’m pretty sure I’ll have to settle for wayfarer.

1 Like

And if another chieften felt like upgrading with us… then that would be pretty cool… might gauge interest and whether its at all possible

1 Like

I didn’t notice the ‘exclusive character options’ I wonder if that’s as exclusive as the ‘exclusive items’ which apparently from another thread isn’t necessarily that exclusive. Sorry :blush: just stirring the pot … but even more plots :grin: …got to be worth it just for that :grinning:

Character options sounds like character creation to me, so maybe exclusive face or exclusive horns (or whatever comes out of their heads :smile:).
If that’s the case i’m pretty sure you can’t trade that.

giphy2

3 Likes

@james @Tobelawe @SamF @kernal @blake @Steggs101 @michaelb @Minyi @mveiga
Sorry to @ so many developers especially at this busy moment for you but I’m just trying to get some clarification on this as it is rather time sensitive and wasn’t sure who the best person is to help.

1 Like

I have been trying to get a bit more clarity on this question for the past three days as I initially asked in the “Upgrading Question” thread but it looks like I’m just wasting my time :sleeping: perhaps if someone else asked they might get a response …good luck :slightly_smiling_face:

Just bought Wayfarer! Wanted to get the perks before I couldn’t. Been watchin this game for a while on Steam, awesome it’s finally releasing!

1 Like