Useful References

Thanks @Heureka! And @Stretchious :slightly_smiling_face:

This one is actually kinda nice for hunter equipment.

I just wish more of these quirks were more…neutral. That would at least give players incentive to roll the dice with 'em. As it stands now, with draining boon 2, there’s just no reason to risk quirks or defects if you’re going for quality forges.

This now has quirks and defects (experimentally added them, but fairly certain they are right)

1 Like

Aaaaand on the list it goes!

3 Likes

Oh my dear god, this thread is amazing. Thank you so much Nevir!

1 Like

Thanks for the links! Way more accurate than the guides I’ve seen. So many old ones that are way off.

Maybe its handy to let the biggest portal networks post their way of communication in this list aswell? So people know how they can set up a portal in the networks

1 Like

Yeah good call. Let’s actually turn this into a wiki post, and see how things go

1 Like

Hopefully they will include a quirk that let’s you breath under water.

1 Like

Thank you for adding my market price estimator to your list!

How come I can edit your post tho? That is really strange!?

1 Like

I converted it into a wiki post - anyone can edit it now!

(May lock it back down if things get out of hand, but let’s see)

1 Like

This thread needs to be pinned, I didn’t know it existed but has a lot of helpful info here.

2 Likes

You can bookmark it for your own personal use (the bookmark icon beside reply), though I agree - it would be nice if new users could see this.

@nevir, any luck on a Dark Glass Prestige value yet?

1 Like

Base value of 12!

2 Likes

You know there is an official wiki for the game. New users are far more likely to google for “boundless wiki” than they are to guess they need to search for a particular post in the forums.

No need to just pretend to want to help new users. You could actually help them. Anyone can edit the official wiki.

So what is stopping you from copying the data over and not be condescending ?

6 Likes

I’ve added 481 pages and made almost 2000 edits to the wiki in the last 6 weeks and still have a big backlog. I’ve been trying to add thing as fast as I can but I’m only one person working part-time and a good chunk of that time was spent learning how to contribute to a wiki. Perhaps it’s condescending to ask others to help out instead of smugly saying someone else should do the work, but that does not contradict the fact that a new user is more likely to search for a wiki entry than an obscure and hidden forum post known only to experienced insiders.

To answer your question directly: it’s on my list of things to do.

I’ll ask in return: why isn’t it on yours?

3 Likes

I mean, this is the part that just seems condescending and uncalled for…

also, nobody has any obligation to do anything, that’s why it isn’t necessarily on our to-do list. What you’re doing is great, don’t get me wrong, but don’t go around telling people that they aren’t helping, that won’t go down well.

2 Likes

First of all respect and kudos for you doing that and taking on that work.

Not what I said, and you also didn’t ask for hep you attacked the OP for not doing it in the wiki, not the best way if you want people to help you. Sugar goes a longer way then the whip. Also when I joined this game a bit ago, I found the wiki first, yes. Noticed it didn’t have the info I wanted, found the forum and then the original of this post. So people can find it, would they find it quicker in the wiki sure.

Again kudos and respect for what you are doing and good to hear.

Because I have other things to do with my time, then maintaining a wiki for a game. And I didn’t yell about things not being on the wiki.

1 Like

Ok, added prestigue values and how prestige works sections above to the settlement page on the wiki page. That way it is right there with the prestigue values for settlements. I am only operating with a basic understanding of html to add things, so if someone wants to build it’s own page or polish things feel free :slight_smile: I am just happy that it’s now on the wiki in some form.

2 Likes

Looks like the ones I had up were a bit old; FYI, I just rebuilt my list - some of the lower numbers may have jumped around a bit

Updated to include that :+1: Still hiding the rest of the not-yet-released items, though

1 Like