Using an alt character

Alts are great, use your main for plots and use the rest to create every character you need…

If you actually want to have a character for each skill line, you need a minimum of 8…

thats a common mistaken assumption many people do with the new skill set: in many other games, when u buy a new skill set, u have exactly as many skill points for the second as for the first (skill points there cannot be shifted from one skill tree to another. this has the advantage, that the skill tree always fits to the lvl of the character and the progress u are at right now, but the disadvantage (from game design perspective) that a second skill tree would be an enormous advantage, especially when so many different aspects of the game are tied to the skills and the progress is non-linear

is still possible to get 1 character who can do everything.

yea but it takes long time and could be costly in cubits for constantly resetting the skill tree. An alt is made in minutes and can fulfill its role very soon, while lvling only one character takes huge time at higher lvls. And there is no gain from it, no advantage over multi character way

Not too long, just need roughly level 100 (50 levels past 50) to unlock everything.

I got mine, by aoe mining under pie, then mass converting all rock into stone. (300 workbenches)

It does not matter how long it takes to level. After a while most players will have a max level character and then most alts will just be wasted space.

Let people have their alts. It will just be a headache of tangled up land plots and who-has-coin-and-cubits mess for them to clean up later.

After level 50 each level is 4 kill points, not 2. FYI. They can only be used on the new skill sheets though.

So each 200k exp, is really two levels. (4 skill points, 300 cubit or, 2 skill points and 150 cubit per “100k exp”)

ur right… lvling doesnt take that long. due to my game with 6 different characters, and not trying to gain more xp due to my characters already being more or less maxed out, gaining even one lvl on those higher alts seems like taking forever, but that might be completly due to the way i play the game.

@Sparklepuss: Yes, it does, if u may follow my argument: alts are more efficient on low lvl because u can fulfill the role u give an alt within minutes of lvling the alt. im not sure, but i doubt u reach a lvl where u really good in more than one thing within minutes with just one character. u either have to pay some amounts of cubits for reskilling, or u keep doing what u do very effieciently and other stuff will pile up.

Yes, alts will have less use when u reached lvl 100 with one of ur characters, but there is no space that can be wasted, and also u dont have to worry much over coins and cubits with many alts cause u get more of this from them anyway

1 Like

If you make 300 work benches(Really easy), and put 540 rock in each one… Then use masscraft, (max of 30). in each one, after 2 hours and 30 minutes. You can easily get around 2 million exp, just from the rock to stone. (Not including the exp you got, from mining the stone/ores under pie)

that would be over 160k rock. i dont get that in just 2 hours. and the crafting tables u also need to build

maybe u are one of the old guard, having used gem bomb cheating to get that much rock… i didnt

(of course i get that in 2 hours now and more, but with already very fine self-crafted tools, and a good miner)

bomb mining never gave rock, just ore. Also just buy a 3x3 and speed potions. I managed 1k rock every 2-3 minutes. Also the 2 1/2 hours was the conversion time of a full (30 que) from rock to stone. Not time mined/

Alts are only efficient at low level on low level planets. Your alts create a mess that you do not see and they will become mostly obsolete in the late game anyway.

I do not care if people have alts or not; I have two myself for convenience. However, time invested into those alts just slows down progress on my main character and creates messes of stuff being on other characters that I need to clean up.

There is nothing wrong with having an alt, but encouraging people to mass create them holds them back from progression.

Also workbenches are super easy to make, with mass craft. They only require wood bro.

thats the point: with alts u dont need progression on ur main character. this one is already good when reaching lvl 20 and more or less maxed out when reaching 40. And u always have to clean up behind u, one character or many >.<

And game progression is, like i said, faster with alts and not slower in general, because u can do tasks u have to do to progress much more efficient, and earlier in the game.

@Iniquitouslegion: wood u need to cut with ur miner build, or use unskill points… and yea, as if those prices on every 3x3 was not influenced by the high availabilty of gems and other mining ressources due to gem bomb early game cheating

Not effectively, you need 5 different crafters to be the best at crafting, you need 2 gatherers to be the best at that.

You only need one character with three skill sets to craft everything: one for brew, one for food, and another for the centraforge. Everything else crafting can be done between those three builds.

As for Gatherer, you only need one skill set for everything; the epics and tool skills perform VERY lackluster at higher levels and, for some tools, do not even lower the amount of hits needed to break blocks. For example, on Alcyon it takes me four hits with no crits to break regular rock using an Iron Hammer with max strength and the damage epic, the same amount hits with the hammer epic and 5 points in the hammer skill separately, and STILL four hits with both the epic and 5 points in the hammer skill. The only benefit those skills give me really is the speed increase, which is also meh.

EDIT: I was wrong on the four hits, it takes me five hits. I was writing originally from memory and my average was four hits. Went to test and make sure and it is five hits.

The issue is, this is all wasted space early on. At the start focus on something that can bring in a income… With a good income you can do what you excel at and simply trade services for services. Example a miner, can mine gems and sell them for what he needs. (What I do)

yea, your alts has plots with him to, as he earns them. Much faster to get a decent amount of plots than what it will cost you buying them.

So, instead of being a miner, you should spend all your time hunting through empty shops for the tools you need to get some stuff to sell to the empty request baskets you can’t find?

I only have two or three hours a day to play. I don’t want to waste it finding only disappointment in shops that feel like they’re straight out of Pripyat. I want to dig, chop, smash, and shoot stuff.

1 Like