Valhalla Yam Farm "Officially" open

Curious as to how this works. Do you dig up the mud and get the yams, then toss a regen bomb? Do you have to have any special shovel or can you use a silver or titanium one? Do you have to have the speed drink or whatever to get a nice amount? I have been considering this as I can’t get to the more dangerous planets.

Yup dig the mud and throw a regen bomb. You dont “need” a high tier shovel but it definitely would help. Speed potions as well. You also get exotic earthyams and waxy earthyams in addition to the mud

The area is also covered so you dont have to worry about monsters attacking you

That is the appeal. That I don’t have to deal with the nasty critters. Enough of them here to make a person sick.
Love this game, it is almost the perfect game for me. No game is ever perfect, always room for improvement, but I can explore, craft, build, say hi to others when I see them, even kill a few critters, one in the Gyosha Mall earlier today. LOL Grappled a road runner yesterday while in the mall; don’t know who had who at the end when he jumped over the fence and I went with him LOL.

1 Like

You don’t NEED either… However if you’re wanting to farm them, for say an hour. It would be worth the investment. The farm has shovels at market price for sale there… 17k for normal 3x3 gem shovels and 19k for speed 3x3 gem shovels.

And there in lies the problem. The cost of the tools that some can’t afford. I don’t have anything close to 17k for a normal gem shovel let alone for the better ones. I think I have 7k left in my “bank” after I spent 3k on some bombs that I cringed at buying.
I’ll have to get over 50, which I figure I can do, to make back what I spent. I want some to make food with and some to sell at a fair price.
Someone in the guild I joined offered to make me a titanium shovel which will do a better job than my iron one.

How often do I need to toss a regen bomb? How big of a area does it cover that I need to place one? How far away do I need to be from it or does it not harm me when it explodes are some questions that I have.
Probably worrying needlessly that I will have enough, that will have to do, no matter what.

1 Like

You regen when you need more to dig. As long as you’re under the roof you have nothing to worry about when throwing the regen Bombs. AoE is all dependent on how it’s forged. It will do 0 damage to you

When you throw a regen bomb, it regenerates a 23 block spherical area based on where the bomb lands.
It is impossible to be harmed by your own bomb.

If you throw it and your standing where you just dug, than you’l be automatically teleported to the upmost layer, which in this case is on top of the protective ceiling. However, its quite easy to avoid this if you take care to not be standing where you dug while you throw it, and its easy to run back inside from the doorway even if it does happen.

If ya like, I can give ya an AoE shovel and some brews and show ya how its done.

Offer from my PM’s still stands :wink:

I’ve never been lifted above the ceiling before and I stand on the mud or growth on those farms

Appreciate the offers, but the guild I am part of says that as much as I have made/given from mining and doing some cooking of food stuff and other supplies compensates even if they wanted it, which they don’t. I am a member and have permission to get what is needed to help me in the game.
So, will contact the person and let him know that I’d appreciate that when he is well, and Not before, make me the titanium shovel. I’m in no hurry, working on setting up a shop in the G. Mall.

Valhalla Yarm Farm is Officially re-opened. Portals are back online.

3 Likes

Much appreciated, went by there earlier… must’ve been right after you opened it by the timing on your post. Thanks for reopening it!

NP, hope it helps everyone!

2 Likes

Is the farm still open? May be able to go and do some farming in a day or two. Also the shimmering orbs, is that farm open? I need to get from both and hoping my son will go with me and we can go to one then go over to the other.

Yep @Janna55 I visited both yesterday

Need some help in finding out how to get there, and what level of protection my son and I need. We went to the Ultima hub and to get to the planet we would have had to go through the main portal. But the air was cloudy and we both had level three protection but it wasn’t enough. We started to lose our health immediately.
So, what is the best way there and what level of protection do we need?

Purely from memory and not verifying, shedu is a lvl 6 and needs 5points in caustic protection.

As for directions, I can only point to the pictures at the start of the thread.

Good luck!

Problem is that like most planets, when you go through a hub you don’t generally know where you will land. I used to go through one and went though it the next day and it was a totally different town, the previous town had shut down their portal from lack of funds.
Hoping there is a portal that will take me directly to that spot.

Tier 6 planets need level 4 in protection (Shedu is caustic). Go to Shedu Hub, from ultima. I own all the portals there. It isn’t hard to find the farm portal. It is right there by the portal entrance/exit.

Go to the main Aqua Hub, go through the portals that take you to Tier 6 planets, take a left through the portal that says shedu, then the portal to the farm is directly on your next left.

@Janna55

1 Like

My son and I tried yesterday to go there, but we couldn’t get on the planet, but I think we were at level 3, not 4. He thinks he has visited level 6 before with just 3, but he is either remembering wrong or it has changed.
Either way, we both don’t have skill points to get to level 4, unless I take from the other protection of other planets and then change them back. Will have to try another time then when we have more skill points…
I wish there was a easier way to get our alts to spawn where our main character is at.