Very few barks

resources dont regen on exo planets, only the normal ones.

Exos dont regen ores/sap/bark/plants/etc

I would like to see an exo planet experiment where regen bombs don’t work on that planet. Is it better that way? Worse? The mechanics are currently confusing wrt block chance drops like bark, sap, etc. And I’m not a fan either of someone being able to find some resources like gleam and stand there half afk converting bomb durability into infinite gleam. But then it doesn’t work for other materials. Consistency plz!

yeah but sap and bark are byproduct of trunk, its not like the rock that is replaced by an ore blocks from the system. Or else it would be the same on Permanent planets. We would not be able to farm bark or sap from bomb regen.

Gleam isn’t a resource; it’s a block. I agree tho that regen bombing not working for common byproduct resources on exoplanets is a bit odd. Perhaps it’s related to the regen bug on normal planets from a couple days ago, or perhaps it’s working as intended. Strange either way.

in what I could see is that you can still have sap and bark after regenerating but much less

1 Like

This was a problem on live for one day, on normal planets. I went to my farm on alcyon and tested after the fix and it seemed to be normal again.

If it’s still happening on the exos maybe they need a separate fix. Since james did Identify it as bot protection I wouldn’t expect it to be a normal exoplanet mechanic.

1 Like

I’ve recently built a small shimmer farm and and 11 regen bombs was netting approximately 100 orbs before the “bug” so about 9 per bomb now after the patch 11 bombs net approximately just under 90 so about 8 per bomb so there is definitely about at least a 10% reduction since the “bug” and patch … not too keen on how they regen now as well.

1 Like

i don’t know if there was a fix, but i am farming the wood on Tentarr’on and got decent amount fo bark. 142 barks for 1300 woods.

So i guess you farmed prior the fix or dropped it.

1 Like

@Gorillastomp Do you do enough farming of Bark to know if that is better than on a T6? So it is good to farm bark on an exo if you don’t want the trunks?

It seems to be same as T6.

2 Likes

You’d even say the T6 is better imo just due to not having to deal with the rift mobs and the terrain being less insane as on exo worlds.

That’s my personal opinion farming bark though.

yeah probably, i am just farming for the wood color!

1 Like

http://www.pfiffel.com/bl/drops/#trunk

Should be the same drop rate. Yay progressions.

what abandoned … or before the fix ?? …

you say I’m lying? @Gorillastomp :confused:

I guess you should read what I wrote or say nothing about it instead of calling me a liar

I made this video 5 minutes ago :thinking::face_with_monocle:

Sorry didn’t want to call you out or anyhting like that, was just bad way to say it. I can fix my reply if you want.

Do you have luck maxed out ?

Plus with the new regen bomb system it seems drops gets pushed up over the leaves.

just did it.

Probably game sees it as bot action, indication of it would be that you don’t get any XP after 0:35 on video (actual xp bar vanishes little bit later).

Try remove blocks from bigger area or have some break and then drops should come back.

2 Likes

yes maximum luck, maximum bonus attributes and epic picking (sorry if it’s not the terms used in English, my game is currently in French)

so my barks and my sap would be at the top of the tree? I’m going to try

@almund is probably right you get no exp. @james, @vdragon.

2 Likes