Very stressed out

i don’t know if this is right for this forum, but i am going to the doctor later today, and i am expecting to get bad news that I am terminal, i am just extremely stressed out right now, and i don’t know what to do.

7 Likes

just quickly written… but our minds are usually our own worst enemies when stressed and awaiting confirmations on things…

get some fresh air, heck get Harry Potter in audio book form with stephen Fry… distract some :slight_smile: try different things to A) Shift the usual patterns. B) Distraction as the mind should be paying more attention with something new

Also ASMR… some would call it a joke perhaps… but well: https://www.twitch.tv/maryjleeee/videos - use a headset obviously =p

5 Likes

hey, @Trundamere don’t stress yourself too much! I’m always open for a chat to help you de-stress you could add me on discord HOST#0001 (caps)

4 Likes

is not a joke to me, I been listening to ASMR type things before it became popular on youtube.

but unfortunately no matter what i do, i just can’t seem to relax…i feel so defeated. haven’t been able to even sleep for the last 30 hours partly due to the pain, and partly due to the stress.

thank you.

Hugs, always here for any who want to talk, vent, just someone to listen. I know many others here in the Boundless family would be as well; it can help just to let things out. Best wishes with you!! Sometimes I force myself to play games when I’m at really low points, when feeling completely unmotivated to play… doesn’t always work but sometimes it will help, I’ll get into it and it will take my mind off other stuff.

2 Likes

This is what I am expecting the doctor to tell me that I have

Take a walk, go outside or get into something distracting. Hopefully it isn’t bad news and usually it isn’t.

I’ve had my fair share of things go wrong and it’s why my and aenea built up a close friendship (for most of the time lol).

Not wanting to even make you think about the worst but a good friend who was 30 got given 6-12mths but 10yrs next week later he’s still here due to excellent treatment options these days.

Me personally, I hit a motorway(freeway if across the pond) Bridge at 70mph , smashed a lot of bones and did a lot of damage. Wasn’t expected to make it to hospital, definitely wouldn’t be walking and will need support workers and care workers for life. Well, I work full time in financial crime investigation, have 2 kids now and don’t let anyone do anything for me that I haven’t tried to do myself first.

Today I went for a 5 mile walk. Admittedly I have a significant amount of pain killers and immune suppressants, lost a lung, kidney and various other internal bits but I stayed positive and I’m gonna be around to be a nuisance to my kids as long as possible

5 Likes

Life can be a challenge at times…but don’t overthink it. Come to terms with what might or might not happen educate yourself and come to an understanding with what might happen on both sides.

Stressing over it won’t change it, so as many said take some time to unwind… do whatever might help and even try new things. Meditation…walks…music…games…talk with a friend (reach out to me if you want to chat anytime)… one thing I did awhile back was a float spa … sounds so odd … but heck was it relaxing … while not for everyone … was a huge surprise how well it relaxed me.

1 Like

Sorry To Hear That,

Something has to be triggering your stress.

Suggestion:
Examine Your Self And Try To Pin Point What Is Stressing You Out.
What Ever It May Be, Stop or Change What It Is For 4 Weeks
Don’t Even Think About It.
Play Music
Take Showers During Your Day
Go For Walks
And Just Smile

Key Is To Keep Away From What Is Stressing You Out Even If You Like What Is Stressing You Out

Good Suggestion From Others That Posted Above

Good Luck and Prayers Your Way

2 Likes

Just make sure you keep breathing well and don’t allow yourself to focus too deeply on the wait.

I can only imagine myself but I’ll be hoping the best for you man.

3 Likes

That’s so tough. Any one would feel stressed in those circumstances. It’s OK to not know what to do. All these suggestions are good but give yourself a break, you don’t need to have all the answers immediately and don’t expect too much from yourself. And we are all here for you if you wanna play and need a distraction.

2 Likes

That sucks man… I hope they don’t find anything like that. If they do, I hope medicinal weed is available for you. Good luck

1 Like

I hope things are not as bad as you think they’ll be. I sympathise with you, because I’d be stressed and worried, too, but hopefully it won’t be bad.

1 Like

giphy (2)

I would be stressed out as well even if I only experienced half of what you’ve suffered. So I want to say you are doing great and I want to give you a hug. And I always wish you’ll get better in the future.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear. My aunt passed from ALS.

1 Like

Can’t think of anything to say except, you have my best wishes.

1 Like

Good Luck my man, hope the best for you.

1 Like

I wish you the best!

1 Like

I feel you. It’s all part of your personal story so roll with it as best a protagonist can. Also, best of luck; there are other explanations for the same set of symptoms.

1 Like

I remember u were worried about it are u ok @Trundamere

1 Like