Village prestige suggestion

ive seen people just put massive gleam blocks to get the most prestige
this is not how it meant to go to be mayor in my opinion
maybe to not get this thing happening we can implement a degrading of prestige if one type off block is used repetetive to obtain this prestige
i understand getting the gleam takes a lot off work
but i feel like promoting divirsety in the builds to get more prestige

and voting for prestige points is something i would like seen implemented
prestige for quality not for quantity

if someone sees fault in my words please tell me im in doubt on some words in this message if spelled corectly

4 Likes

we had that conversation a while ago, just cant remember under what name that topic was created;

it’s true the current prestige formula is not perfect and its going to change in the future; there were some interesting suggestions coming from the community - if I can only find it :roll_eyes:

EDIT: @the-moebius found it! :sunglasses:

1 Like

thanks
alot is answered allready by luke there
did not see that one before

1 Like

Being Mayor shouldn’t be linked to building in my opinion. People can get in the top by using ANY blocks and not just gleam. A mayor isn’t defined by how much they can build. Also in the current system where people can BUY more plots entitlement percentages than others it creates a pay to win or “the rich get things over others” scenario.

In Eden I asked Kal-El to join. I knew he was going to do a large build. He isn’t using gleam much at all and still blew way past me to become Mayor. I should NOT have to go around building huge things to stay mayor of a city that I founded especially when everyone there is fine and wants me to be Mayor. I also shouldn’t have to put it in the title for the settlement. Prestige is NOT a good solution for Mayor.

The mayor should be selected and decided on just like in any normal system - a selection process like voting. Something like maybe each unique players beacon has a selection box for Mayor showing a list of all players in the city. A person selects the name and that submits the vote. Whoever has the most votes is mayor. Voting should be based on unique account so alts in the city wouldn’t count…

Yes I know people can bring friends and do all these other things to try to take over as Mayor but at least that is a much better starting system than the current. If people are really trying to gimp the system to become Mayor then we can adjust things from there.

Lastly, what is even the Mayor for? It should not be tied to any money delivery and why even list it if we don’t have a valid and good system to define it…

3 Likes

mayor has a function i see a lot off people who look for me now to ask questions that i never seen and the title can be given around
like im not the real mayor andysav is so its possible to vote on the title
if the local comunity can handle it

the issue about two big builds competing for the title is no good
like people sugested we could have an beacon menu with options and warning if you conect or not the builds

in my village @Haradim the pirate that parked his ship above the village
is pretty close to getting my spot so i feel the pain :joy:
mayor title olmost owned by a pirate i feel so ashamed

@SWProzee1 took on this title before and make it mean something he helped in disputes helped dig build thats what a mayor is for
mayors should get a few more rights than for the moment

sorring adding stuff
-mayors should vote for city mayor and high prestige people
not new players i like a class system in the game gives you more goals to achieve
-more titles than mayor
knight king maybe a title theme option matching to the build
medievel futuristic and …

3 Likes

Exactly it has other functions so it should be a selection process or some other way over “prestige.” The same goes for Eden. As founder and mayor I manage how the area with grow but right now @Kal-El is mayor. He has no interest but also believes in the vision we are trying to accomplish so from my perspective it is ok with him as mayor. But it makes people confused if they are new to the area when they go to him and he says that they need to talk to me… hehe.

2 Likes

The sad sing is: Its not. You can mine cream gleam on Elopor like rocks and get thousends in a very short time.

I totally agree that prestige feels broken right now and needs fixing.

1 Like

cant kalel make you mayor then if andy made me one?
im low in the list but andy can swap the name or title to others

I don’t want it in the title… I don’t know where else he could select it.

if i see andy ill ask him how he did it

dont know if you know this but i saw that having 10beacons around
just one is the village or city beacon you cant acces the menu on a secondary one just wanted to let you know :smile:

Are you dissing me now? I’ve only made my “P” gleam to be seen at night from Therka Market lol

2 Likes

oh its not working i never seen a glowing p there lolz
gonna have to take a look around then :smile:

I mean from the edge of TM

cool whats TM lol

oh therka market lol

1 Like

im slow today :smile:

1 Like

hahah damnit moebius found out my true pirate disguise!

im taking over the village! my canons are ready!

Yarr!

Fear my ship The Blue Revenge!

4 Likes

this pirate still hasnt found out how to post Gif’s the good way… Cryy cry pirates lyfe

Let’s keep the prestige score and ranking, but change the title from Mayor to Architect. That way, you can still see who the top contributors are in a settlement, and set Mayor as a second data field that can be selected from plot holders in the settlement. Who selects the Mayor? It could default to the founder, or whomever has the highest prestige when a settlement reaches the 10k prestige mark. On a planetary level, High Oortling can be changed to something appropriately prestigious for top builder, and the mayor of the capital city would then be known as High Oortling. If a player is both of these things, a combo name could be used.

good solution but we can link citys to guilds to solve this to

Not yet, we cant. And a mayor may not necessarily be a guild leader. It could be tworse separate players, one to manage the capital, and one to manage the guild, especially in instances of guilds being spread across multiple planets.

1 Like