Visible Timer on Beacons

Hello,

I think we should have a timer visible on beacons just like you see for portal gates. This would help everyone know when a beacon is going down beyond just the strength of a flame.

I was trying to set up a house and there was someone’s beacon but it appears completely dead. Yet somehow all the plots still showed owned and there was no way to tell if or when the timer would end. If I had some sort of count down at least I could know if this was a bug or that I just needed to come back in 12 hrs, etc.

Not to mention if we saw a beacon that was low but we knew the person we could give them a better estimate on how fast they need to resupply it, versus just a “umm the flame is out” which could be days to minutes left.

If you aren’t wanting to let people know when beacons we don’t own will expire then can we at least have a better way of telling if they are close to being dead.

14 Likes

I agree I have an abandoned beacon near me and I have no clue how long it will last. It was just one plot size and I have now surrounded it with my own plots

Not sure how I’ve skipped this one, but yep yep, I’d love to see this too, it would add some dynamic to overtaking beacons hehehe (not that I would do it :wink: )

Yeah I would very much like this as well.

Supposedly @yota’s got an inactive portal in the middle of my settlement, which btw is a plot that I’d very much like xD

There’s no beacon controller either, so I can’t even tell as there’s no flame or anything, so I guess it could be occupied for the next 6 months or next 5 minutes, but yeh /:

1 Like

lol yota being the dev it might be fueled forever :rofl:

I’m working on a new build now, and as it happens, I have two abandoned beacons inside that area :cry: I’ve started contemplating some kind of overtaking mechanics would be good feature :smiley:

I certainly hope not D: - well I hope he reads this and is compassionate enough to let me have it then lol.

There do seem to be a large abundance of otherwise abandoned plots which has not been developed at all, makes it hard to find a decent spot to build, especially on Therka.

2 Likes