Walking bug?

Hey, So I haven’t seen anything posted about this bug, but I thought for the longest time it was only me.

I have had a bug where sometimes when I am walking with max agility, i crawl unless I ‘jump’ to reset it, or move in a diagnal movement, or start running.

This bug happens also sometimes when I am grappling where it won’t fully let me go down in the full range it stops me until I re-hit the F key to go down again. I have found sometimes holding shift will make it stop-- I normally hold shift to give me a further reach sometimes.

But there is something going on with the walking/grappling/ general movement where it slows down or stops randomly. I started noticing it at the end of the Gleambow event it started to impact movement then.

EDIT: The below statement is no longer true. Bot/Dulki stated this was a different issue.

Summary

Looks like the last topic was from 2018 about this same or similar bug. Walk / Run animation with Tools (Bug animation)

Help?

Nothing like this for me, unless you have toggle creep on? Because I’ve definitely toggled many times without realizing it.

I wish you could map “toggle creep” to a different button other than circle (which is also cancel and release grapple) on ps4. Right on the dpad seems unused.

Yeah… The creep key is “c” for me, and I am hitting no where near c. I play via PC using keyboard and mouse controls. And I am not the first to experience this. I mentioned it the other day in voice and several guildmates said they had this too but figured it was from their system lagging or something.

That bug was originally about tools intersecting with the character’s body. Taking that away for the moment, what parts of the video were most like what you’re experiencing?

Bot explained in voice the topics were unrelated, But I thought it was related to walking specifically getting slower.

I will see if I can capture for evidence what is going on when I get it. Since it’s been happening quite a bit.

1 Like

Pardon background noise and me flailing to get the bug to work…

Here is a video recorded from my phone to show keyboard entry and the video of the bug.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!An4x98iSlRaihMZEDwUOZZ5J-zY1DQ

Oh yes, I can see it at around 1:30 and 2:25 in the video. In both cases, the character stopped running moments before running again.

I’ve also noticed the icons above the health bar. Do you currently have any buffs, or holding certain forged tools when this was happening?

Buffs I have on the character: Grapple and run level 3, Builders Buff and Lava protection level 2 on these.
The forged grapple in hand is for Max range, +35M Reel out, and +35M/s reel in. – All things to make me go faster with grappling.

The other item is a plain iron axe-- I was gathering Spicy beans at the time.

Thanks for the response. I still haven’t been able to reproduce this, but your video is showing enough evidence to visual confirm this is happened, so it’s been added to the bug database. I though that you might have been running on ice in the video, but the video does show that you’re running on other types of blocks.

1 Like

Yeah-- No ice present in the video. I have had this happen on Grassy dirt, brick, marble, glass, – just about every surface there is in the game. Ice does as predictable no one can run on ice unless you have a gleam pop, then you turn into Jesus and fly across it with sparkles behind you.

Either way if you need more footage I can give you more, but otherwise thank you for letting me know it’s in the database. I hope a fix is possible. <3

If you see this happen again, please submit a game log just after it occurs. Hopefully, it might give us some information on what could possibly cause it.

1 Like