Warp and the Sanctum

Hi there!

I dont know about the 1.0 plans for these, but nowadays it is unnecessary to use warp conduits because you can use the sanctum for the same purpose (except if more people want to use the same warp). I think the buildable warp should use 10 coins/conduit (so 20 to travel in the same planet, 60 for 1 ‘hop’ etc) and you cant use it if you have not enough coins. Unlike the sanctum warping (im talking about the secondary optional one, not the one which leads to your last location) which should cost 3 times more (so 60 to travel in the same planet, 180 for 1’hop’ etc), but you could use it even if you have 0 coins! Of course if you have not enough coins you will go negative in coins.

What do you think?

I mean, your talking about basically balancing the cost of warping in world vs the cost of warping in sanctum. As you already mentioned, the only reason to warp in world currently is to warp multiple people at once. I think this advantage over sanctum warping more than justifies the cost of coin and materials. What ever the final balance of cost ends up being, I think it is best that sanctum warping and in-world warping should have the same coin cost. There is no need to over complicate warping by having varied costs between the sanctum and world based warps.

7 Likes

We are experimenting with Status Effects and one thing we could do to encourage people to use player built warps is to Buff your character when you travel through a player made warp. :wink:

9 Likes

That would be awesome! Are you thinking of a single buff for using a warp or a choice of different buffs depending on some sort of variation in the type of warp? Would be really cool to see different effects. Then a whole team could use a warp and gain a specific buff that would be useful on the particular planet they are traveling to.

1 Like

This was actually a thought I had just now. So might need to think about it some more first :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Well, either way I think it is a fantastic idea. I look forward to seeing the result of this!

1 Like

it would definitely be a cool thing to have a reason to use warp conduits over return to sanctum.

besides griefing possibilities and taking multiple people. especially if there was some sort of speed boost possible.

1 Like

Hmm, I think that this is certainly worth investigation not only for the fun buffs, but for lore and gameplay implications as well.

For example, it was suggested before that players would not be able to warp to far off high tier worlds without first leveling up due to chaotic instabilities in warping such distances. Some side effects of attempting such risky warps at low levels could include debuffs and general discombobulation.

Likewise, a well prepared warp could impart temporary buffs to the warping party like environmental resistance, shields or speed.

2 Likes

The debuff idea for longer warps at lower levels is pretty sweet too! I really like this warp buff/debuff idea:p

Ok, this is way better!

Yep you are probably right, mostly with the incoming buff(/debuff?) system. Anyway the warps coin cost disturbed me at first but after the introduction of footfall it is balanced.