Was the game Not Just OFFICIALLY released or NOT?

This right here. And the response wouldn’t have been, “I’m not using ash because I want to make bricks with it.”

1 Like

Resource regen changes?
Masks? Tables and chairs?

They’ve admitted it’s mostly been bug fixes because the game just released.

2 Likes

This is unfair criticism. As players of this game we should provide useful feedback, understand the developers context, and work with them to make the game more enjoyable for all.

Neither us nor the developers can have their cake and eat it too. People should understand that. The developers have to make some decisions that lead to other decisions and can put them into a design box that is not easy to get out of. Having a community that lacks perspective and refuses to try to get the other sides context, does not help anything.

It is on point, though. For people that need things instantly or as easy as possible I can completely understand that the recent changes would make them mad. But, for those of us that are in it for the fun and overall game taking 15 more minutes to get some mud or buy it to make bricks doesn’t destroy the game.

The largest issue here is almost no one really understand the dynamics of the game behind the scenes and cannot truly understand why the developers make the changes they do - for this game because we aren’t in the room. There is not enough transparency on this, but in most situations the developers sharing why they will do it won’t really help because people aren’t even in a mode to try to understand. It is easier to call the devs stupid and that they made wrong decisions, etc instead of trying to put themselves in their shoes.

5 Likes

The parts your just not understanding is the game was just fine as it was…

People were not running around saying gee I wish I could use this Wax for something…
No they were saying: Gee I wish I could go thru this portal that says “WORLD FULL”

People were not running around saying gee I wish ash was more useful…
No they were saying: New player progression is too hard, how do I find flint? This game is really grind-y!

1 Like

In the time I’ve been here, the devs certainly seem more active than many other developers I’ve seen, which I think is fantastic. But making changes that have such a polarizing effect on the community is disturbing to me, and it should be disturbing to everyone else, devs included, as well.

So the devs should ignore how their player-base might feel about a given change, based solely on the assumption that the players aren’t enlightened enough to understand? To me, that is a terrible strategy for working with your players.

Should the devs involve the community in every single decision they make? Of course not, that’s absurd. Should they be asking themselves on a regular basis, “Are we putting forth enough effort in giving the community an active role in the direction of this game?” Absolutely, 100%, yes.

We’re not ignoring anything. I’m aware of all the criticism, constructive or not, that the recent and past releases have generated.

We’re already working on resolving many of the issues.

7 Likes

Yes you can but it’s dramatically slower than just using your hammer to start with. To be clear, that’s not subjective. That’s just math. Bomb mining is completely dead. It has no place in the game anymore.

1 Like

Actually there was no wax and to your point. no one was saying I wish there was wax, so I could use it for something. This makes it even worse to me.

Edit: Gravel is the only thing people asked for something to be done with (that I can recall) and the suggestion was a new recipe not changing an old one.

@james Here’s the constructive feedback on the core issue here:

1. Please do not add/change ingredients to existing recipes unless there is truly some game-breaking reason to do so and only with a lengthy announcement and lead-up period so folks can prepare.
  2. Please do not nerf with sledgehammers or buff with jetpacks. Nerf with a scalpel and buff with a scalpel. Tweak things in the direction they need to go and if it isn’t enough, tweak it again slightly.
  3. Please do not essentially remove core game mechanics. Tweak existing (see 2) and feel free to add new ones but don’t remove existing altogether. I know that you didn’t literally remove bomb mining but you obliterated it to a point it’s truly worthless which is essentially the same thing.
4 Likes

It’s not completely dead. I got 40 gems in 1 hour with 1.5 bag of titanium bombs.

It is completely dead.

40 gems in one hour is proof it isn’t, you are lying.

40 gems in 1hr is pitiful.

1 Like

Yeah, for end-game players, but for someone who just needs 80 diamonds to make a workbench coil, that’s great.

3-4 hours on Serp and they have 15 power coils.

2 Likes

I don’t want to fight with you but you’re missing the point here. That 40 you got with bomb mining? You could get 140 with an AoE hammer. Do you know what an hour would have gotten you with the original bomb mining? Ask @Gorillastomp. He’d come away with several hundred.

No I fully get that, but mid-level players can’t afford AOE hammers.

So right now end-game is AOE hammers.

Mid-game is bombs.

All game’s have an end-game tool, a week ago it was bombs, now it’s AOE hammers. But to say bomb mining is dead is a lie.

You can say “it’s much less efficient now for end-game players” that’s true, but saying “it’s dead” is a lie when mid-level players could easily still get great gains from doing.

2 Likes

I think the vast majority of folks in my other thread would disagree with you on that. If you’re bomb mining right now, you’re doing it very, very wrong. I mean, if you want to do it to prove a point or out of stubbornness in support of your position, go for it but you’re severely gimping yourself.

1 Like

What is the average gem per hour for a Level 20-25 player who is mining on Serp.

Then give him bombs, and see how it changes.

That’s how this is figured out.

2 Likes

Prior to the patch? About 200 for me. Obviously I have to really ballpark here but around level 25 you have all the talents you need really for T5 bomb mining. I would regularly pull in somewhere in that neighborhood per hour. Now? 40 seems pretty optimistic. If you want to split hairs and hang on language then I’ll concede that “dead” is not the correct word here. “Extremely suboptimal and generally a waste of your time” would have been a better description.

You could get 200 gems an hour with an iron hammer?