Was the game Not Just OFFICIALLY released or NOT?

Actually there was no wax and to your point. no one was saying I wish there was wax, so I could use it for something. This makes it even worse to me.

Edit: Gravel is the only thing people asked for something to be done with (that I can recall) and the suggestion was a new recipe not changing an old one.

@james Here’s the constructive feedback on the core issue here:

1. Please do not add/change ingredients to existing recipes unless there is truly some game-breaking reason to do so and only with a lengthy announcement and lead-up period so folks can prepare.
  2. Please do not nerf with sledgehammers or buff with jetpacks. Nerf with a scalpel and buff with a scalpel. Tweak things in the direction they need to go and if it isn’t enough, tweak it again slightly.
  3. Please do not essentially remove core game mechanics. Tweak existing (see 2) and feel free to add new ones but don’t remove existing altogether. I know that you didn’t literally remove bomb mining but you obliterated it to a point it’s truly worthless which is essentially the same thing.
4 Likes

It’s not completely dead. I got 40 gems in 1 hour with 1.5 bag of titanium bombs.

It is completely dead.

40 gems in one hour is proof it isn’t, you are lying.

40 gems in 1hr is pitiful.

1 Like

Yeah, for end-game players, but for someone who just needs 80 diamonds to make a workbench coil, that’s great.

3-4 hours on Serp and they have 15 power coils.

2 Likes

I don’t want to fight with you but you’re missing the point here. That 40 you got with bomb mining? You could get 140 with an AoE hammer. Do you know what an hour would have gotten you with the original bomb mining? Ask @Gorillastomp. He’d come away with several hundred.

No I fully get that, but mid-level players can’t afford AOE hammers.

So right now end-game is AOE hammers.

Mid-game is bombs.

All game’s have an end-game tool, a week ago it was bombs, now it’s AOE hammers. But to say bomb mining is dead is a lie.

You can say “it’s much less efficient now for end-game players” that’s true, but saying “it’s dead” is a lie when mid-level players could easily still get great gains from doing.

2 Likes

I think the vast majority of folks in my other thread would disagree with you on that. If you’re bomb mining right now, you’re doing it very, very wrong. I mean, if you want to do it to prove a point or out of stubbornness in support of your position, go for it but you’re severely gimping yourself.

1 Like

What is the average gem per hour for a Level 20-25 player who is mining on Serp.

Then give him bombs, and see how it changes.

That’s how this is figured out.

2 Likes

Prior to the patch? About 200 for me. Obviously I have to really ballpark here but around level 25 you have all the talents you need really for T5 bomb mining. I would regularly pull in somewhere in that neighborhood per hour. Now? 40 seems pretty optimistic. If you want to split hairs and hang on language then I’ll concede that “dead” is not the correct word here. “Extremely suboptimal and generally a waste of your time” would have been a better description.

You could get 200 gems an hour with an iron hammer?

Yes, yes I would. Hammer epic + some hammer mastery + a little control = plenty of speed + range to get 200 an hour quite easily with the original bomb mining.

Right, I’m comparing it to HAMMER mining.

Level 25 player with iron hammer and no bombs.

Level 25 player with titanium bombs they bought at a store with saved up cubits.

Would 40 gems an hour be faster than using only an Iron Hammer at level 25-30? That’s the question.

If yes, then bomb mining isn’t dead, it just has a new optimal level-range.

We’re talking about bomb mining here. Not sure what you’re getting at. There is no level right now where bomb mining outperforms hammer mining. It’s not even remotely close.

To imply bomb mining is dead implies it’s no longer viable as an alternative to hammer mining.

At end-game, this is true. An AOE hammer is superior.

But at mid-game, that may not be true.

Which means bomb mining may actually be balanced for mid-game right now, and saying it’s “dead” or even “extremely inefficient” are only accurate when compared to end-game players, and new players who read what you write are going to be mislead.

AoE Hammers are available during mid-game… Bombs used to cost 10K a bag. Now, instead of buying bombs, go buy some AoE hammers.

Where? Show me how the average level 25 player can afford an AOE hammer and where to buy it? Everything I’ve seen and been told is that AOE hammers are rarely sold anywhere, and extremely expensive.

So were bombs lol. That’s what I’m saying. You said “a level 25 player could buy some bombs and go bomb mining”. Bombs used to be 10K a bag.