Watch "Boundless - Permadeath - Fresh Start - Ep. 01" on YouTube

If you can’t use portal hubs what’s the point in a portal? Just to your workshop, or a material farm spot?

Can’t imagine a solo hunter getting too many bomb cores at that

2 Likes

Portals do not use coin
Portals are great for frequent trips

So a matter of what is easiest / most convenient at the time… coin or oort…

Solo hunting on t3/t4s can be reasonably productive and can be great for exp… but also higher risk of death naturally =/

playstyle also would weigh in heavily… don’t really need portals if you stay on each planet a long time and set up a new base/workshop vs having one base that you drag everything back to etc

3 Likes

T3 hunting on permadeath sounds risky AF to me

You’re one of those guys on NMS who plays permadeath and lives on a heavy sentinel activity planet aren’t you

2 Likes

A few points into kinetic armor and you can basically facetank a T3 meteor solo.

Awesome idea for a YouTube series @BloodRaven56 I look forward to watching your progress!

5 Likes

Such a neat idea.

this is basically like playing in EA if you dont count some rare portal metros ^^

4 Likes

Well 3-5 points in kinetic armor and you are basically immune to everything on a t3… just have to keep an eye out for hoppers and bombs… a bit of vitality / health epic and the risk would be negligible… but also would depend on one’s comfort level with combat/meteors

Forging supplies without meteors and shopping would be a huge pain… so I don’t see forgoing hunting indefinitely…

2 Likes

Stone slingbows without proper consumables doesn’t quite cut it for T3 meteor’s solo. You could always get within the meteor’s range to activate it then run away and collect resources nearby for a bit then come back for a semi safe low quantity oort source.

I played a character pretty similar to this aside from the perma death caveat and that’s how I got enough oort to open a portal for the first time.

2 Likes

Lol I like your style @buugi

Iron slingbow + charge epic works wonders here… could visit a coal/metal world to load up on iron before running in like a lemming lol

1 Like

Who wouldnt

2 Likes

Judging by the warp distances from Lutrion he will be limited to Boori, Lasaina, and Delta Cancret for awhile - which provides access to T1-T3 lush & T4 coal. The lack of portal usage is the biggest game changer and results in an incredibly unique character progression.

Excited to see where this takes him!

Planet info links for quick reference @BloodRaven56.

Also the blinksecs spreadsheet:

3 Likes

Glad you guys are liking it next one is will be out on Thursday

5 Likes

Good luck. Long journey ahead.

2 Likes

I took up the challenge as well and made a new character, following your rules. Been a while since I’ve done solo and it’s actually kind of nice. Though takes a bit to get going and now I see why some people quit out of frustration.
I did notice that you didn’t specify which starter world to pick. I ended up on Raxxa.

1 Like

Cool idea and defo a good challenge! DadAndDaxPlayGames did one of these a while ago as well but as a co-op version… https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query="boundless+survival+edition"

1 Like

Oh god… i couldnt do it with another person… i dont trust people o.o .

1 Like

Not even if it was your own son? :joy:

1 Like

Especially if it’s your son lol. It was a fun challenge for sure. Made for some really funny moments (darn cuttletrunks).

4 Likes

I would like to think my son would be good player,but then again he likes to just run off the cliffs in every game cause he thinks its funnyso…
No… not even if it wpuld be my son :Dd

2 Likes

I’d just stock up on stone chisels and hit the ground digging first time you reach a t3… straight to the iron with a little camper beacon to make a few iron slings. I remember when i tried bringing a copper bow to lambliss in the early days - it felt like totem-whacking a gem seam😑

1 Like