Water wont leave the bucket?

Lol thats @Havok40k in Reverse hehe

2 Likes

never thought about that :stuck_out_tongue:

no, that would be k04kovaH
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Lol, I didn’t name it but I was pretty happy with the name that was picked for it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I stopped reading replies about half-way down, but I think an easy way to avoid the griefing issue is to make it so you can only place water in a beaconed area you can build in, and if the area is unbeaconed (or possibly if you lose access to building in that area) make the water disappear to avoid people land claiming and unclaiming to place water.

EDIT: After going back and reading Havok40k’s post, a suggestion for this would be to only allow player-placed water to flow on it’s own a certain distance. Meaning the water would just cut off at a certain point. It probably would look a little wonky but if this was a viable option it would make for a decent temporary one to avoid Kovah 2.0.

OMG, i looked Kovah up and its crazy how the Game looked back then.

6 Likes

I agree with the, placement if water only in beaconed areas idea. There are already multiple things that can only be placed in beaconed areas why not make this one if them. Or if this helps copy Trove and make placable blocks that flow water or lava that has to be crafted. I could easily see a recipe for it such as this… 3 buckets water, 18 stone( of color and type choice), 36 cogs, maybe even some metal or high tier furnace base. And for lava, switch out the water for bomb base. But at the same time, I do see an issue with getting the game to “reset” once the particular block was removed, or un beaconed.

1 Like

I would like to see a variation of the spark core that acts like a pump, very low fuel running cost like beacon, a variation of the spark cord that acts as water pipes and a variation of a machine that extracts water.
The pump is used to move water from any water source, maybe max 16 blocks per pump, pumps can be connected together or run in steps along the pipes for longer runs. The water extractor is for areas that have no water nearby and is used in conjunction with the pumps and pipes. Apart from creating waterfalls and streams it could be used in farming too.

1 Like

How did you get water into a bucket? I can’t figure it out. I tried to melt some ice in a furnace but no luck.

1 Like

You just take your crafted buckets to some water and equip them then you can fill them.

1 Like

Oh nooooooo. (smashes face against keyboard) How dare it be so simple.

3 Likes

It took me little while to figure it out the first time too, once you know it just seems so obvious.

Well everything is multi-step processing of some kind or another so it never occurred to me to just equip the bucket while in/near water.

Just a couple of days ago I finally realized how to make the blocks with the swirls and carvings on them. What is that…3, 4 steps? 5 steps? So holding the bucket next to water just never occurred to me.

1 Like

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, all part of the fun :grin: I think for filtered/pure water you need charcoal which to make is wood cooked in the furnace.

You may have found out by now, but using the bucket on water will fill the stack, up to 100, I believe

Be aware you can only fill buckets of the same wear amount. If you have a stack of buckets and some have 4 uses left and some have 5 uses left, only one kind will get filled and you’ll have to run back to your water source, split your stack, and fill the rest.

It’s painful. Just keep generations of buckets in separate stacks.

is this still a thing? No water blocks? I made a water fall and all it does is puddle in the corner… I made a chamber to fill.

no water block still

Aha water is a danger to new players for instance, somehow my old mine flooded I did not know this I fell in when I was mining, panicked and died now I can’t mine my normal spot

There are now