Water wont leave the bucket?

So made some buckets grabbed some water and well how do you get the water from the bucket?!?

Trying to make a fountain and a pond but can’t seem to figure out how to move the water?!?

1 Like

You can’t, sadly. :frowning: It’s only for crafting. I’m really hoping that functionality is added at some point.

1 Like

huh? I see water used in builds when I travel how did these people move the water???

several sources of water has been passed to players as prizes in competitions and such

2 Likes

So let me get this right?

We can make Sewage??? But we can’t have fresh water???
Unless you know a dev???

How is such a basic feature as water something we don’t have access too?!?
There are just some things about this game that really get me fired up…

5 Likes

From what I understand, its the griefing aspect of placeable water and lava that is being worked on, before it is made available to players. No ETA, though.

4 Likes

There are a few threads in the forum that talk extensively about water usage and why at this point it is on hold. They also can give you a good idea of how it might be functioning when/if it is made available.

This isn’t about “knowing a dev”. This is about a few select prizes that were handed out over the course of game development. The devs do not play favorites in this game… … well maybe to hoppers and wildstock… but we can understand why on that point. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

where did you get that? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I think he’s talking about chiseled Slide.

2 Likes

thats what I thought - the creative use of blocks designed for sth else - like Steam Punk City :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Griefing is a lame excuse to keep water out of the game…

Lava i can see that actually is something that could do damage but water?!?

As a person who has been griefed bye water in Minecraft, it was a mild annoyance to fix… Its not like water breaks things!
I mean everything in the game is safe there is no stealing no real way to grief unless you let your beacon expire and then well that’s your fault…

Seriously water is not in because of griefing???

1 Like

I completely can understand your frustration but here are various discussions about water since in some cases it goes beyond griefing. It just isn’t as simple as that and it certainly is not an “excuse”. So I suggest you read some of the topics before being too critical of the decisions and timeline the developers have set on that feature being available.

https://forum.playboundless.com/search?q=water

Water in this game has a bit of different way it is managed than Minecraft like not having (if I remember right) “source block” capability at this point. As well as how the developers have built things in the voxel environment.

You can still have water by finding a lake and building in that area. There are many people that have very nice builds using that method… I am sure they will provide some tips.

3 Likes

Sulfurblade was defeated by misadventure.

2 Likes

Right, so it’s not the damage to in-game property aspect that’s of concern, but rather the effect that calculating large flows of water (or lava) has on the game.
Many people here today were not around at the time, but we have had some serious damage done to a world with water and lava griefing. By placing buckets on a tall broad mountain, a single player was able to basically wipe out a whole player made world by creating such bad lag that nobody could even play there. It basically was the event that caused the devs to be so selective with whom they grant liquids to, and saw the end of the planet Kovah for good.

8 Likes

Oh wow. Destroyed a whole planet. Thats brutal!

More like made it unplayable, but yes it was bad.

1 Like

This is pre- alpha, you signed up for a game that upfront says not everything is in it yet, and it will change at will of the dev’s, as they are still building it. And there will at some point even be world and server wipes. This is one giant practice session so we can help give feedback and be early backers of the game.

Water will come at some point. But this isn’t minecraft. It is for all points going to be an amazing full blown mmo with more crafting than minecraft.

2 Likes

aaaaah planet Kovah…what a world it was

4 Likes

When did all of this happen? Must have been on a break of mine.

Remind me @Havok40k , that was like what? 2015? 2016?

2 Likes