Water World

@james
I was just wondering if when using the world builder, would it eventually be possible to build a water world.

Of course I tried recently, but there is that minimum # of biomes to meet.

I was wanting to build a T3 with the following biomes:
level 2: deep sea, lake, wetland
level 3: algae lake, hand ocean, soiled
level 4: cliff island, gleam lake, hazard sea, ring islands
level 5: icebergs, ocean

Would that be feasible?

2 Likes

You planning on building Atlantis? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So long as you fit the number of biomes for each tier, you can do whatever. I’m not sure exactly why you’d want an entirely water world though.

If you get water World let’s get all Lava World

5 Likes

That would be both interesting and infuriating!! And underlava city!!

2 Likes

If we’re talking about Sov planets… (otherwise, you should be able to use whatever biomes you’d like AFAIK)

I don’t think there are enough water biomes to meet the minimum requirements - that may be by design. They wanted the Sov planets to keep in line with the home worlds as much as possible. We don’t have any water or lava planets - so I’m guessing they wanted a certain % of land at or above sea level.

T2
Wetlands
Lake
Deep Sea

T3
Algae Lake
Hand Ocean

T4
Ring Islands (some land for the rings)
Mangroves (looks 50/50)
Ice Lake
Gleam Lake
Hazard Sea
Cliff Islands (has sparse land formations)

T5
Water Grid 2 (some land)
Regular Pools (honeycomb land)
Ocean
Man Made Islands (some land formations)
Icebergs (in water, it appears)
Desert Pools (50/50)
Beaches (50/50)

Here’s what it would look like from the sanctum:

OIP (1)

4 Likes

Can get pretty close within the biomes offered for a T6… with good RNG anyway.

10 Likes

Looks sooooo familiar lol

3 Likes

it should ;p

2 Likes

I thought you’d found a close up picture of me bending down to pick up the soap in the shower!

4 Likes

I want to build Vaalbara or ur (or any recreation of Archean earth) on this world. Will need to be downscaled a little bit to make it look exactly like Archean earth.

@BabyCookie Who remembers Tyannalivo (or however you say that tomato soup exo) That’s how an all lava exo would look.

1 Like

I remember it was the Funniest exo we had watching everyone warp to it die and fall from the sky die again til some1 hit land or can solidify lava before death again XD

1 Like

I understand. But I want less land. I want to build underwater cities spread across oceans. I don’t want to have to mine it all out and then place water to get the effect.

3 Likes

Yes, I would like to do that. :wink:

I would try T4 Lush with Island Rivers 1 and the following biomes

L2 - Deep Sea, Lake*
L3 - Algae Lake, Hand Ocean, (Salt Flat or Strata Slice)**
L4 - Cliff Islands, Gleam Lake, Hazard Sea, Ice Lake, Ring Islands
L5 - Icebergs, Man Made Islands, Ocean
L6 - Clam Ocean, Coral*, Sea Trench*,Water Entrances*(maybe)

While you only need to pick 1 biome for T2 and T6 i would still add both for T2 in hopes to drown out the other land biomes. For T6 biomes i would pick the first 3 and consider water entrances, i have seen it take land down to the lower liquid level. for T3 biomes you have two water ones so i would just go with a low altitude biome as my 3rd pick in hopes the generator mixes them nicely.

2 Likes