Wb, some newbie questions

Yes worked
Many thanks :slight_smile:

2 fast (i hope) interface-question:
I know what cave and surface is, but what is threed?
And how to remove links between nodes? Now i have to remove the node to get rid of the link.

1 Like

it’s like 3d :stuck_out_tongue: you can use this to create floating islands and such

1 Like

Ctrl-click to remove node links :slight_smile:

Oh, its easy when you know…I tried r, l-click delete, backspace…

1 Like

Thx, i will try it.

Works fine so far…

9 Likes

That looks AWESOME! Good job man.

3 Likes

That is using that picture noise though right?

Yes, a test high-map i did in another program (i couldn’t just write yes, was to short…).
If i get more time, i want to try to blend different biomes in a bigger world…

4 Likes

Start to get interesting…

7 Likes

Absolute noise is a lot of fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another thing…
It seems that i cant create any lakes.
Use a standard lake with noise, played around with different noises, falloffs and other settings, but they never show up.
Readed in a older post that its not implemented yet, is it still the case?

Isn’t water only generated at a certain height on the old version?

The lakes are really difficult to make work. (The coming WB update should include an update that makes lake generation easier.) At the moment you basically need to intersect a dense 3d noise function with some little “hollows” in your height map. But the lakes will really look more like little puddles.

6 Likes

Ok, think i wait for the new version…
Hope it comes with some new noises and filters to. :slight_smile:

Oh my god that biome is sure intresting got emy pics of it in game?

No…But a variant used in another thread.

Can’t understand, what it mean.

Please, tell me, what is a depth and a clearance means here, and how threshold works. I understood only height (Y of global heightmap) and gradient (but what a values “0.25” or “5” denotes?)

gradient of 0.25 is ground which is nearly flat
gradient of 5 is ground which is very steep (steep side of a mountain sorta thing) it means the terrain is going up/down by 5 blocks for every one block you move across

depth is how thick the ground beneath the instance needs to be to consider spawning it
clearance is how big the gap to terrain above the instance needs to be to consider spawning it.

all these paramteres are based on the ‘position’ of the instance, so they will start to fall down for instances that are wider than a few blocks

3 Likes

So, only threshold has relation to the thresholdNoise map, and no one other has.
Thank you. I will continue my experimenting.

But it still not clear, how threshold works. This parameter isn’t mean “only where thresholdNoise(x,z) is less than threshold”. Please, tell about it.