We need a name change

It got already adressed recently in one of the posts. But seriously, if you searching up boundless you find everything else but the game. It gets even worse when i search for boundless login. Then we are on 9th place. There shouldnt be something like “boundless game” or “play boundless” be needed to type in to find ingame information. If monumental wants to advertise the game so we get more players into the game, i think we first need a unique name. Just my opinion. What do you guys think?

6 Likes

I agree with you & so do several other ppl I’ve spoken with. You can’t tell people to “try Boundless” because when they search, there are all kinds of other unrelated results. It’s not a unique name. In the US alone, there are 20 or 30 registered U.S.P.T.O. trademarks for it. The top one is for “mature audiences/customers”. No bueno.

I think it could be harmful to change the name again, but the current name isn’t helping.

5 Likes

Boundlessling

1 Like

What happened to “Oort Online”?

7 Likes

They should call it The Greatest and Best Game in the World (Tribute)

Although Jack Black might take issue with it!

5 Likes

I liked this name. Wish it was never changed.

2 Likes

They need someone to get all the meta tags out there. That will direct the search traffic towards the game. But these may already be grabbed up and why you don’t see the game first.

3 Likes

Put oort somwere… Idk… Like :

“Boundless: the oortians life!”

Boundless Bobs Bombastic Bouncy House Emporium.

Just saying… :clown_face:

5 Likes

For the time being when you tell someone to try boundless, tell them to search steam or PS and stay away from internet browsers lol.

btw - typing play boundless displays the game on top of search, so we can also recommend that phrase to friends (‘Hey yo, I’m playing this game and it would be great if you gave it a try! It’s called Boundless, but do type play Boundless when looking for it, will ya?’)

3 Likes

Honestly they should just refer to it as BoundlessMMO. That’s essentially what this game is: an MMO-lite.

3 Likes

Yesh i agree go back to “Oort Online” even dough it was a placeholder it was Unique so when you search for it online thats all you see is that 1 game boop!

7 Likes

Lets call it THE FUTURE I just came up with that totally random…honestly!

3 Likes

I love the name Boundless … to infinity and beyond!

Then I’d have to come up with another desktop background…

:stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Boundless Oort Online

2 Likes

I think Boundless is fine. If we had a larger community or they were paying for the spot, we’d probably show up near or at the top of the search list.

3 Likes

I like both names. Old and new.

On a side note. We need the option to change our in game name!
I’d literally pay real life money to change my in game name.

5 Likes

name change token for cubits would work for me :sunglasses:

3 Likes

“boundless game” gives results right away. I do not think really think it is feasible to change a name at this point. Other games have similar issues. Destiny is not as bad anymore, but it still gives results that are not for the game as well (Destiny Mastercard and Destiny the streamer). It use to be a lot worse.

Ark (again, not as much of an issue anymore), Eco, Fallout (never an issue anymore), Ascension, Icarus. A lot of games have generic names that if it was not for the game being popular, you would always need to search for “thing game”.

6 Likes

Same for me, all games I search for is “name game”. But I do understand that people feel this game is not getting the attention it needs and deserves.

3 Likes