We need more oort from hunts instead of getting 9 to 12 oort shards you get 15 to 25 per meteor

the main feature of the game is not easy to feul.

9 Likes

Waiting on some1 to say “Or give us Compact Oort as fuel” :joy::joy::joy:

10 Likes

thats to much

2 Likes

Wasn’t there supposed to be an update that added compact oort as fuel? I seem to recall hearing about that somewhere…

4 Likes

I don’t think running 20+ portals was considered either. Technically you could just have local portals and instead use warp augments to go everywhere. With one portal having to fuel it would be minimal.

6 Likes

i fuel like 100 portals my self every month and only hunt 3 times a week i think its more of a commitment problem to hunting over all

3 Likes

There’s a big dichotomy, here.

Since hunt groups pull in hundreds of rough oort per oortian per hour, it doesn’t seem like the drop rate is too low.

But it doesn’t seem to make it to market :man_shrugging:

So if you’re not comfortable hunting, or familiar enough to hop in a group - it seems very hard, and it’s super expensive to buy. With market prices in mind, though, it’s cheaper to just buy yourself a bow that is mega OP for T3, go smash a bunch of meteors on T3, and unless you’re trying to run a hub or something you’ll be fine for a while.

With big players willing to clean out the market at 450c a mass extraction of rough oort to shards costs over 8k coin. 8k coin. Just buy yourself a gem shotgun even a poor hunter is going to be able to pull multiple mass crafts with that kind of bow.

I know, you’re not looking for advice here but for anyone who does need it - there it is :rofl:

7 Likes

i sold 3 shop stand of rough oort last week its that evry one is not willing to sell it because it take alot of work to get a full stand

5 Likes

Yeah I got really tempted to ramble lol. It’s a suggestion thread and nothing wrong with that.

All other things aside - I’d rather see minable oort as a solve to the problems associated with this.

With hunt groups reporting average rates around 10 - 12 seconds per oort stone and this being pretty much the fastest money in game (remember oort isn’t the only hunt loot - even though counting oort alone makes hunting as or more profitable than most other activities) it continues to be the case that it’s not hard to get - it’s just not really a popular activity in the game.

5 Likes

If I remember correctly, one of the old long time players since Oort Online told me portals weren’t something the dev’s wanted to make as a main feature. You are supposed to use warp Augments but the community started making portal network’s. Portals draws a lot of band width on the network.

T3 Solo Meteor Hunts are super easy. You don’t even need forged bows. Buy Diamond and Sapphire bows, Mega Strength brews, and top it off with some Lv3 Extra Dmg Slingbow Augments.

Sapphire will do 5600-6700 Dmg and
Diamond will do 6900-8300 dmg.

P.S.
And 72 Rough Oortstone = 1,000 Shards
Will fuel a 1x2 Portal for 4 weeks which is not a bad deal for new players. It only becomes a pain when you are trying to create a portal network system all by yourself instead of being in a guild and having others help.

5 Likes

@TheeMidnightGamer Join AS example on friday evening @Hazel1558 hunt and you get 900 or more oort Stones in 3 hours!!!
That are 12,5 k oort shards that should be enough for normal Players .

6 Likes

Your welcome

2 Likes

Exactly and for most thats enough for a few weeks

3 Likes

Thanks Turri :blush:

Yeah the meteors give more than enough oorts. Hunting in groups is probably the best way to hunt. You get through the meteors quicker. T3/T4 hunting with a group is by far the quickest way to get oort if that’s what you’re going for. T3 is the best in my opinion.

4 Likes

Back in the old days i used to solo hunt a few times, and yeah for me t3 would be good enough, also quicker :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As long as I still see decorative oort blocks in buildings to me that means there is more oort than needed. (at least to that person as he/she is willing not to sell or use the oort and make deco blocks out of it)

There is no shortage of oort stones/shards in the game.
Like @Hazel1558 and @Turrican2006 said, do hunts and you get more oort than you ever need.

Having more oort means even more portals and portal hubs, we don’t need that.

3 Likes

@SWProzee1 agree with even more Hubs , but every Hub or network has His own pros and cons and its a persnonal thing which you Like more to use .

At this Stage WE have

TNT Network
Dragons Lair Network
Ultima Network
Vikings Network
Galatic Gateway
Pharaos Network

Hope i Don t forgot someone

And for such a small playerbase its more than enough i think but can t Tell anyone Not to do IT .

Normaly i would say 3 Network s would be far enough…
Greetings

4 Likes

What is a normal player?

Like I said and like @Nightstar mentioned the hub networks weren’t something the devs thought would be a thing. That said, I love the hub networks they are great, but if people are complaining about having to fuel 100 portals, you don’t have to have 100 portals.

You don’t need 100+ portals, but it does make getting around a lot easier. I go on a lot of hunts and I also solo hunt and I can usually pull 600+ oort solo hunting in a couple of hours.

3 Likes

The biggest problem is we as players became lazy, ooh a place 200m away…is there no portal? And if for some reason theres a hub nearby ,lets open a portal? And most of all why lots of hubs fail is being unprepared, hub owners cant just expect others to just open a portal on their own cost to that hub. As a hub owner you should offer to pay for a portal to a planet for easy access, but besides that we are wasting to many unnecessary portals going to the same area, im pretty sure we can save a loooot of shards if we are more efficient

3 Likes

no you are welcome because i know how much you be needing oort

1 Like