We should get these to new things

If we can’t have that and that and that. Then what are the hopes for game becoming a better place ? there should also option to disable animations or somthing

It won’t stay “that world.” It will become, “more worlds,” and then the cry for “all worlds.”
My question for you is “Why did you join a non-PVP game to try to change it to PVP?” Why would you have a problem leaving the game as is?

Edit: I would agree with Kal’s option to leave it for the server worlds. You are free to do what you want with a private server.

1 Like

U say it like its going to ruin the game. For ppl like u there will always be pve worlds and this game is so big its best to keep pvp in one world so u wouldnt have to scavenge and find ppl. And i like how this game is i think it will enlighten the game. They can always take it out its worth a try for them to make a pvp world and just try it out. If the developers know what there doing they will know to keep pvp in one world

I love how this game plays y would i leave

Allright then, lets discuss.
Every single game, where pvp was tagged on as an afterthought has or is failed/failing.
Oh you sayTESO? Yea you played the pvp there? Even there it is bleeding into the pve game and for sure on the Forums.
Even games with pvp at its core are hard to Keep alive once the novelity wears off, See ARK as a prime example.
The Drama and toxiditrie spread over the Forum and made the game not worth playing anymore, on official Servers.
II am really not a fan of final Statements.
If this game EVER gets pvp i will stop playing it and never look back.

2 Likes

Yeah, HECK NO.

I can already see the trolling with a “PvP world” where people will make a portal to a “shop” which actually leads to a PvP world where you’ll get killed. This also applies to a mere PvP beacon, too.
Sure, you could wait before getting inside a portal to check which world it is, but ain’t nobody got time fo’ dat.

New players who don’t know which world is PvP and which is not would suffer greatly, and the game doesn’t need that either. When you’re a new player, you might also not know what PvP entails to, yet.

And if it’s a world, it’ll mean the world will probably have its own set of colors, and people who don’t PvP will also probably want said-colors for their own builds.
I already have to deal with very punitive elite creatures when I go alone on exo-worlds, that’s more than enough pain, thanks a bunch.

4 Likes

Personally I’m not for PVP … but if it ever was to be considered then I think it should only be on a special beacon and you as an individual would have to opt in. This way even if someone who’s not interested in PVP passes through the area they can’t be touched and won’t be affected in any way.

5 Likes

It works like that on most servers in games such as World of Warcraft, which I like.

In all fairness, world of warcraft “Dueling” is not really PvP. You lose absolutely nothing from it and it’s a really fun thing to do inbetween everything else.

People need to realize that PvP does not have to be mindless killing and base takeovers. I see dueling as a “safe Minigame” tbh. No one dies or loses anything but gets a good chuckle out of it.

Also, arguing that “why did you join a non pvp game…” is just bs, because the game is awesome as it is, some of us just think that in addition there could be some more elements to it, and most of the people vouching for it have vouched for safe pvp anyway and that it in no way actually would change anything for those who does not wish to parttake in pvp gameplay.

1 Like

You might not have played WoW in a while.
They introduced the “War Mode” with Battle For Azeroth. You can only opt in War Mode when you’re either in Orgrimmar or Stormwind. Once in War Mode, while you’re outside of dungeons, raids and ‘sanctuary’ cities, you’re phased with other War Mode players, as if you were on a PvP realm.

I think that’s what Ocfos was referring to.

Also, duelling is definitely PvP. Losing anything isn’t a component of what makes something PvP or PvE.
I mean, Team Fortress 2 is a PvP game. Do you lose things when you’re killed by other players?

1 Like

Yeah, I haven’t played versions of wow after wotlk so may have changed a lot.

But why are people so afraid of dueling? Sure, it may be “pvp” but is nothing like the pvp everyone here is talking about. I mean, racing for goo or seeds or whatever on exo worlds could be considered pvp.

1 Like

If it works like duelling in WoW, I’m not against PvP.
But then I would totally want an option “refuse all duel invitations”, and I’m sure a lot of other players would too, which would quickly defeat the purpose of the whole “asking for PvP” thing. ^^

Fortnite says hello!

2 Likes

Borderlands has this option. You also have to request pvp. Kinda nice to let off some steam and clown around for a bit with friends.

2 Likes

Fortnite was created with pvp in mind, not tagged on. But say hello back from me :slight_smile:

I have to say, considering all Things, the OP made this to troll and to cause a ruckus. So i am out of here.
I hope you People get what you wish for.

Uh, absolutely NOT.

Make a quick search for “Fortnite Save The World Mode”.
Fortnite was initially a PvE game where you salvage ressources, build a base with them, and defend said base against waves of zombies called “husks”.

I can tell you all that because I was one of those who pre-ordered the game, looooooong before any mention of PvP was ever made.

THEN, the dev team saw how great PUBG was doing and they copied the gameplay to make the Fortnite F2P mode we all know, with ONE big change : the ability to build stuff.

I wouldn’t call Borderlands a “PvP game”, though. ^^
That feature really was anecdotic.

1 Like

Yeah, Borderlands is not pvp, it just has a small element that is there to allow players to duel and has no real effect on the game or reward.

1 Like

Which could perfectly work in Boundless too I am sure (disclaimer: not familiar with Borderlands system so I may be wrong) :ok_hand:

1 Like

If I remember correctly, PvP in Borderlands was a place where you could talk to an NPC who would teleport you in a PvP Arena.
Outside of the Arena, it was strictly PvE.

In Borderlands you walk up to the other player and melee them, then they chose to pvp our not. If accepted it starts right there and has a limited space you can pvp in. If you go out of it it ends.

No npc or arena needed. Not saying we need this in Boundless, just giving an example of a low key, not disruptive pvp option in a nonpvp game.

1 Like