We should get these to new things

So why can’t we have a duel system, where you press E on the other player, just like trading or adding to friends, but instead have a duel option? Make it so that player hp and stats go to same as it was before duel starts after the duel is finished, so you can’t abuse getting full hp etc.

@Vurtadelic Uh. I don’t remember any of that. Although, I mostly played Borderland games solo, so that might be why. ^^’
I guess I’m mixing things up. The arena thing was probably in Diablo 2 and 3.

All I’m sayin is that it’s the same thing in WoW, but you have these people who spam you the duel option, so Blizzard added a “auto-decline duels” option (or people made an addon for that, not sure, I’ve had that for sooo long).
In a game like Boundless, I’m afraid far too many people would want and have an auto-decline option checked, which means you’d often duel someone and get a “nope, auto-declined!”.

For Boundless, i’d rather have an option more like the War Mode of WoW, where you tag yourself on or off War Mode, and when it’s on, there can be PvP everywhere, but you can’t interact with PvE players.

I again would rather have duels, because that would be 1 on 1 fights. Warmode could be 10 vs 1, and nothing you can do to stop it except unflag and not pvp.

1 Like

I understand your concern. I don’t think many people are asking for something so robust nor would desire it such that you need to worry about that.

It is possible for people to like a game and want more features added at the same time.

That said I’m neutral about it all. Rather have creature spawners and gladiator arenas.

2 Likes

if they bring it in like OP suggests then why not it would only be on “select” worlds and just like any other gameplay feature if you don’t like it then just don’t go to that world

Ooof can you imagine a meteor hunt with friendly fire turned on?! That would be insane! I can only back this idea if they promise to give us the ability to craft popcorn so i can sit and watch the chaos :rofl:

3 Likes

A duel would never be fair either, though. You’d have the guy with better weapons and skills made for PvP, against the guy who’s not optimized for PvP.

At its core, Boundless is not made for PvP at all, and even if duels were something Wonderstruck could enable with a flip of a switch, it would be terribly bad.
It’s like how WoW needs very different rules for PvE and PvP, like how some items behave, what some stats give you, etc.

Come to think of it, I don’t even know why I’m still arguing here. I don’t want PvP in Boundless. ^^’

1 Like

general question for the anit pvpers in this thread if its only on select worlds or a option you “turn on via beacon”

then what would be so bad about it? the way i see it you could replace pvp with anything

I don’t want farming in Boundless

I don’t want forging in Boundless

I don’t want guilds in Boundless

1 Like

That would be sick, we could even farm the maize :joy:

1 Like

Fortnite still says hello since it was made as a coop PvE game from the ground up.

Then a small team wanted to test some new features of their engine and created the Battle Royale mode, the company liked it, put more people on it, released it.

Now when you start the game you can select “Save the World” game mode, the original PvE game mode or “Battle Royale”, the tagged on PvP game mode…

Do you still play? I stopped mid-way last year, loved Save the World! Put way too many hours into it, was my pre-Boundless obsession :slight_smile:

Nah, I’ve stopped playing when I felt the devs were putting more work into the PvP mode than the PvE one, and there was a force-wipe which removed a base I spent a lot of time on, and my friends left to play other games, etc etc. But I should check how it changed.

@karakavra You’re aware that this is not the correct place to post that, right?

1 Like

i would like some pvp minigames like collecting most items on a timer stuff like that

like we had the snowballs at christmas it would be nice to have a hit counter on those snowballs when you get hit

would you like stuff like this?

1 Like

I am aware that you can talk about this in any forum and nobody can answer you, even half the lie

Yep, I had that too, they were finally adding story to the ehh, hmmz, the 3rd area and they did it in parts and then announced it would take longer, they needed to do some QoL changes, blabla, took months, then decided to not wait any longer, shame tho that BR took off like that, StW is the much better game, sigh…

@karakavra take it to DM, or file an ingame report please. The forums are NOT the place for that kind of thing

The worst part is that the Battle Royale mode has nothing to do with the Save the World mode.
There’s no husks, no survivors… :s
Plus, I kinda feel like Fortnite BR is kinda running out of steam, these days.

Yeah I know, it was just a simple test to see if they could after making changes to the engine. Changes which they made by request of PUBG BTW!

BR was fun for a hot minute, but meh. Ah well, we got Boundless!

I mean, I judge the popularity by the biggest names in Youtube streamers, if that’s worth anything.
And I hear less and less about people playing Fortnite, more and more about people being angry about how Epic stole ‘dance moves’ like the ‘Deepest Dab’…
Lots of problems in the video-game industry coming mostly from EA and Activision.
Meanwhile, wouldn’t you believe it, guys like PewDiePie and JackSepticEye are now playing Minecraft. That happened. ^^’

I was referring to the older days where you had to manually enable PvP, at least on PvE marked servers.