Weekly Dev Update: 2016 October 21st - Slingbow, Grapple, Temple and more!

Guessing temples are obviously going to have anti-beacon tech? And possible anti-block placing tech or at least enhanced world regen speeds? Can see some opportunities for griefing there.

All they need are dev beacons.

This one, kina MMO I guess, had lots of dungeons, what they did is dungeons reset at a specific time relative to the discovery time, and dungeons have specific blocks you can’t break or place things on.

I think these “Temples” will be something like an instanced starting area (with a tutorial alá “do this”, “go there”) after which you get teleported to one of the real worlds with a new inventory…

1 Like

The star shape is actually the socket for our Weapons Power-up system.
Those power-ups are going to add extra properties to slingbow bullets and lance tips.

Here some visualisations

Our Coders and Designers are working on the system flexibility and balancing. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

at first I was skeptical, after that screenie, DEATH TO ARROWS!!!11!2!~!!

Does this make sense? Or is it out of hand? A magnetic power-up cylinder rotating where the edge is missing. Could be a disc also.

2 Likes

At the moment the shape is purely decorative. I came with the asymmetrical design because i felt that was cool to feel shielded and protected from flank attacks. But also i got some old visual explorations where the dual-slingbow was supposed to do this…

But please bear in mind that the system is not proved and those are just visuals exploration that i decided to share with you :vulcan:

15 Likes

That is, as I believe the kids these days would say- Dope as %@&#!

6 Likes

O: Maybe like an upgrade to increase arrow travel time or damage.

1 Like

That stargate temple form is EPIC

Oh, that completely changed the way I thought about temples. I always thought say meant to be sacred places, in which we can find out secrets of the world of boundless (hidden receipts, formulas or ornaments that tell you stories in oort. hmm, if this is not the definition of temples… will we also have those kind of constructs somewhere on planets?

The artwork is amazing!

2 Likes

I’m disappointed that I won’t have anywhere to find hidden receipts now. How will I know what ancient Oortian shopping trips entailed?

2 Likes

sorry for the nooby question but how do i craft a grapple do i need iron or something cas i cant find it in the wb wiht only stone

You need to have at least copper.

ahhhh that explains stuff thanks

“Temples” seems to be a placeholder. I think these are not the end-game-content temples @olliepurkiss was talking about in his Q&A: End Game thread.

1 Like

I really need to start checking all these unread threads! Adding this concept art to the archive.

1 Like

You’re right. We’ve confused some terminology there. What’s referred to here as a “temple” is the starting environment to introduce people to the game. We should refer to it as the “Starting World”. The “temples” found in the game are something completely different.

3 Likes

Okay, so I still think about right of temples. Thx for short correction.

And thx at @Vastar for referring to former posts. I knew I read it somewhere, months before.