Welcome to Okinawa! LF Builders & Shopkeepers!

Welcome to Okinawa (沖縄), a Japanese themed settlement placed on Andooweem with a single hope of community extension in the near future (starting with this post). We are currently 3 builders with little to no life trying to populate the once barren planet of Andooweem. This post is dedicated to telling you who we are, and what our goals are. It will be updated as time goes on so check back for new info on the city. Feel free to post your nearby settlements/shops on Andooweem and Vena v in here too, contact us if you wish for a personal portal connection to our city. The first reply to this forum post will be pictures of the city in its current/most recent state.

OUR STORY SO FAR

When we first came to Andooweem, there was 3 of us incredibly saddened by the annex of our original city, we were still packing up our stuff and had a wall of storage blocks ready at the new destination to collect everything that we ripped apart from the walls of what we now call the Okinawa Ruins (Located in Berlyn near Wal-Halla, who so graciously plotted most of the stuff for us as memories to hold onto). We had no idea what Andooweem had in store for us, All we knew is what we had in store for it. Old Okinawa (Okinawa Ruins) was about a third of the size of our current city, and as we expand our reach to the forums of the Boundless universe we hope to make new connections with shopkeepers, miners, builders or explorers as we continue to expand our reach out further and further.

WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU

Well for starters, our mission is to grow into a city where new people are constantly introduced. We are online for several hours every day so it generally isn’t hard to find us. As stated above we are interested in shopkeepers and builders (along with pretty much anyone else) to help grow the city, if you want to keep the city organized all you have to do is ask the admins of Okinawa (listed below) about a good area and go to town with whatever you want to build, we are ready for any load of players interested in joining us.

(What we are specifically looking for currently):

• Builders to help expand the city (doesn’t matter what you build, houses, statues, decorations, etc…)
  • Shopkeepers to connect their portals to our mall, or make new shops in Okinawa.
  • New players, heirs to the Okinawan throne.

HOW YOU CAN FIND US

We currently have 3 connections, one to Ineffable Isle (#3 City), Aquatopia and the best way to reach us being through the Portal Seekers’ network, who have been kind enough to set up a portal connection into the sea of portals they have lined up. We are the big portal on the right as you get out of Vena v. Don’t be afraid to ask the admins of Okinawa on Discord (or a member of the Portal Seekers) if you don’t know how any of the portal connections work, discord info listed below

OTHER FAQ

“Why should you guys be the capital and not anyone else? / Why is Okinawa different from the rest?”

We dunno, we work hard on what we like and think we might be a good candidate for capital ownership. We built the city with a focus on ease of access. A player should be able to come through a portal and almost immediately be right next to where their destination originally was every time, rather than having them run around the entire city to find a specific thing. The only case where we think this isnt true is with the landmarks built purely around decoration, as they usually take up a lot of space.

Other than the reasons stated above, it isn’t that much different from any others. Our theme is focused on a Japanese style of settlement, some of the buildings here are based off of destinations in real world Okinawa.

TL;DR: We shouldn’t be capital, Ineffable Isles builds are much better What we do looks alright (we think), and its efficient for passing players

“I’m new to the game. Isn’t Andooweem a high level planet? How will I bode here?”

Sure is, its a level 2 planet, but the city is generally locked off from most enemies as its elevated above the ground… and if you really don’t feel safe we will be happy to supply you with some goods to defend yourself with.

“Do I have to build with specific blocks and stay in the Japanese theme?”

Pardon my french, but screw the Japanese theme if it forces you to build a way you don’t want to, build whatever the hell you want. If you want to build a Japanese Tea Garden, go for it. If you want to build the Eiffel Tower, soit mon invité.

If you are inquiring about how to start building with us, just talk to any of the two admins:

• exdee (in-game alt: yaboi) (discord: razed#7182)

• ZuluuMax (in-game alt: Lilsquishy) (discord: ZuluuMax#4540)

On another note, if any admins, developers, portal seekers, discord server users we’ve spoken to, allies, or ‘enemies’ are reading this…

Thank you… for making this such an enjoyable, evolving experience and for all the laughs it has brought us, negative or positive. May this post be a declaration of a better future as we continue to grow and allow others to begin building alongside us, so that they too can call themselves Okinawans. Even if one day when the servers are reset, and thousands of hours are withered away, we will have created bonds that makes the future Okinawa 3.0, and any future Okinawa’s, better than the last.

5 Likes

10 Likes

Oh those dragon teeth are fierce!

1 Like

Ah, so this is the amazing creation I saw in the snow the other night.

1 Like

The guy in charge of that statue is Zuluumax… I think he has plans to put claws around the glowing ball and also put a boundless logo on it. you could ask him about his future plans with stuff like that otherwise ;D

Soon to be the capitol porta :slight_smile:

I was asking the PS about how that would work… I guess they are thinking of putting the top 2 cities in the capital room, since they have an extra portal slot and the prestige scores are relatively close with new groups moving to Andooweem every week.

Ill talk to the guild about it. See what they think but the center goes to the capitol to my knowledge :slight_smile:

1 Like