What are the next few steps for boundless other than the wraith

I’m curious as to what will be the next few steps into boundless future. I love the game have been playing since console release and was aware of the game since it was named oort online. Some thing always keeps me coming back and choosing to play boundless over many other games I have. I would be so happy to know what the devs are working on for future.

As you (devs) know you have a very loyal and loving fan base and players who adore the game. But recently at least in my opinion there has not been much spoken about what’s to come. Halloween update? Christmas? Anything???

3 Likes

I wish more animals, more deco stuff like bed and ohter deco stuff :grinning:

4 Likes

check out this discussion

There are hints in the screens hot post by the dev, s look for Luca post

1 Like

I kinda hope they don’t announce the Wraith, I hope it’s hidden within another update and she can scare the living bejesus out of us :laughing:

5 Likes

I’m hoping the hold up on the wraith is due to combat/skill overhaul :heart_eyes:.

I think we will continue to see assets and select content that is usable by everyone for the near future. I also see more slow system changes that help smooth the new player and somewhat existing player experience. They still seem to be in a smoothing the game experience pass over long term objective wins.

Huge changes will likely not be easy because 1) the boundless systems are very linked and complicated and it isn’t easy to unravel certain things 2) the existing player base is set on having things the way they are and don’t want any changes that might adversely effect them. The devs have hinted that they want more systemic changes that would make the game play and feel much better but we see the huge fights that happen in the forums when core changes are brought up. So in this case I think the community is its own worse enemy in moving the game forward in some areas that really could help us. In fairness, though, when they try to revamp a system they seem to prefer either a small tweak or a complete fixing and redo pass so it is fixed and done with.

I don’t doubt we can see more creatures and stuff but it seems the community needs to maybe pass on more ideas of what type of creatures we could see. We could get more player made content and dungeons and stuff but they still need a lot more work on the non-world build engine to allow people to make sure and how it would work with blueprints and other things.

Many of the recent changes I’ve promoted (bean farming, etc) fall more into a balance concern that needs to be handled carefully which I am working on as best I can. Balance is probably one of the biggest parts in this game that actually restricts us more than helps. Personally I just wish we could move toward an abundant Universe of fun instead of restrictions everywhere linked to balance. I do think they are starting to get the difference between MMO and Solo and players that like to play all parts of the game versus those that just like to build.

The other roadmap content like Titans, etc I think we will still get but it will take time due to the balance of new user content versus existing user content compared to content that is the biggest impact to all players of the game.

4 Likes

Other the wraith. Perhaps some boggarts and dementors? Ah titans and tier 8 exos will be other there way. Perhaps private planets one day? I would love to fine out some preposed ideas for private planet implementations. Do i need to fort up some rental cash for this option. Run them myself? I control other players access? Well alot of possibilities. Im sure some more sustem functionality will need to be worked in for that. Untill then ill work on claiming up planets that are already out there.

to be fair some of that is on the devs…the lighting change for example would have been a non issue if the game had even basic gamma control’s like what 99.9% of other games with darkness have had sense the early 2000’s

2 Likes

I agree. Everytime something is “balanced”, it feels like a bit of fun is taken out of the game.

4 Likes

The Devs own the decision to revamp the lighting changes and to continue to tweak things. They own the decision to go into release and change the context of the game. They own a huge list of things with some good decisions and many decisions that haven’t probably gone like they wanted or have put us in a huge ugly situation.

The reaction of players is not on the Devs. Players and people own their own reactions and how they wish to deal with the changes, etc. Some people just “go with it” and others choose to threaten to leave, demand no changes, or want their cake and the ability to eat it as well. I can tell you that people that refuse to flex and see the best interest of the game first over their own time, effort, etc will never align with the Developer’s need to move the game forward in a way to keep the game alive.

The game is much better off with the lighting changes in many players views and the Developers. They certainly are not happy that some people are effected by the change and still others are hurt even worse because of the hardware they own. The Devs have communicated that before. They obviously would give people everything they want IF they could. But, clearly they cannot. If people see every system change in the same way as the lighting change then how can the game move forward in any positive fashion? That isn’t the fault of the Devs - it is the fault of the community of not accepting change in a positive nature or at least a long term win perspective.

All I know is if the community doesn’t give some freedom to larger changes in this game two things will happen: 1) they Devs will stop listening to the community because the health of the game will be more important and they can always find new players 2) we will end up with a game that barely changes and dies or never grows.

Option 2 has been happening for a while and I believe the Devs clearly see that growth is not happening with the current design. That means something changes - the game or the audience.

1 Like

Ultimately, in my opinion, the developers are going to have to make some changes to the game and just ignore the possible out cries from the current player base. If they feel they need to make changes to make the game more attractive to a larger audience then they need to make them. There cannot be enough of us playing the game regularly to pay for the game and retention appears to be a problem from what little information I have.

The lighting change for example. I personally hate what it did to my build and in particular meshes in my build. Did I complain? Yes. Did they change it? No. Should they have changed it? Not based on the rationale for doing it and at that point I as a player had to make a decision. Do I swap out 9 SS of rock in my build or quit. They cannot possibly make every player happy or we would have as many versions of the game as we have players. If it is an MMO Sandbox then there needs to be one set of rules and setup for the live universe. If they offer private planets not attached to that universe then that can be the wild wild west.

I think we are all have to recognize that the game needs to change and possibly in some major ways that we might not all like. And we may lose fellow players because of those changes. But in the end the game needs to succeed or we all lose.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Indeed. We need fun. I want to play, but sometimes I see more fun in another game instead :\

1 Like

A new roadmap would be nice :]

1 Like

Yeah would be neat to have an inkling of what there is to come instead of this dead silence…

I really would love to know why we are not hearing more. Am guessing bad reactions from players or something but this silence feels way, way worse to me than a longer wait for a
promised feature…

I wonder if the solution is some sort of second mode. A single player mode separate from the universe. Maybe with less planets. Yes, like minecraft, where you could play with friends. And not private servers. Just a stand alone single player mode, with mechanics adjusted to get rid of most of the grind.

I think if the let’s call it creative mode is not multi player it will not succeed.

Like Minecraft?

It could be MP, just not an MMO

My thoughts are that the single player would be a gateway to the MMO. People get used to the systems then dip their toe in.